Clos de Rouge Gorge

Recommendations, comments or questions about wine matters

Moderator: Moderators

TonyGoodman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Clos de Rouge Gorge

Post by TonyGoodman » Wed 10 Jan 2018 12:11

This has been recommended to me however there is no website, nor apparently direct sales. The nearest cave I can find that has it is in Toulouse. Anyone seen it for sale in and around Perpignan? Is it another example of great wines bypassing local consumers.

TIA

Tony

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago » Thu 11 Jan 2018 13:02

I'm sure you can buy it from Les Part des Anges and possibly Comptoir des Crus.

He's a highly rated but small producer who is on the Natural side. So some may find the wines too funky. He was pouring at the Latour de France wine faire but was surrounded by young Asian sommeliers!
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29

TonyGoodman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TonyGoodman » Tue 30 Jan 2018 19:08

Advice received from a deeply embedded local in the local wine community suggests it will be very difficult to source this wine locally. I don't understand nor want to understand, next time I'm in New York or Brisbane I'll secure a bottle and report back.

Next topic I suggest should be best ways to cultivate your local wine store proprietor. They are a resource and will save you a lot of shoe leather.

TonyGoodman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TonyGoodman » Mon 26 Feb 2018 22:35

An interesting list of which local wines make the grade in London including Clos de Rouge Gorge. Next time I'm there I'll pop in for a tasting. Nice to see Mas Christine and Consolation there as well.

https://www.hedonism.co.uk/wines/?fullc ... xprice=100