Letting property for professional use

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Rob B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Letting property for professional use

Post by Rob B »

We have a village maison secondaire with a ground floor room that we do not use. It fronts directly onto the street.

We have been approached by a nurse asking whether she could use the space as a consulting room. We have no objection in principle, but do not want to get locked into a long lease, or into undue restrictions on our use or any future sale of the property.

Has anyone got any advice about the possible implications of such a move, and/or how best to go about it?

Any help gratefully received!
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

A commercial lease can be sold or sublet by the tenant. The owner has to countersign tenant changes but has no right of veto.

A domestic lease normally says "no commerce".

Tricky ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Rob B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rob B »

Thanks Peter

Yes it is tricky.
We don't want a domestic lease - we don't want anyone moving in to live there!
I believe that there may be such a thing as a 'professional' lease, but that may also be long term.
If we could come to an arrangement with say 3 or even 6 months notice either way that would be fine, but I suspect that it may not be possible - unless anyone knows a clever way?

Rob
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

The normal lease is 3,6,9 years with automatic renewal.

If the tenant follows the lease and pays the rent, it is very difficult to evict them.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Benton
Rank 0
Rank 0

Property for professional use

Post by Benton »

Hi, i want a commercial property on which i do my profession, and this property is on a very good location, and have a future value, and on an affordable price and in which run my business very smoothly and accurately...
Benton