New Carte de Séjour System

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

New Carte de Séjour System

Post by Nigel Bright »

I guess the latest lockdown will delay the distribution of the new cards, but out of interest has anyone had an invitation from the prefecture in Perpignan to attend a meeting to finalize the procedure?
Brighty
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: New Carte de Séjour System

Post by Florence »

I believe the préfectures are waiting for more info from the government. I think it also depends on when you applied online.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Our new cards arrived at the end of December by registered post. There was no need to visit the prefecture. Our old cards were issued in Feb 2019 and they must have used the photos and finger prints
they already had.

Russell
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

The prefecture only keep your photo and fingerprint data for a limited period because of the data protection laws. We applied in 2016 and had to attend another interview. However we did not need to supply any supporting documentation. The cards arrived in the post and the covering letter was, interestingly, dated Dec 24th. The process took little more than a month.

Gus
Gruntled66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gruntled66 »

My first time application for a 10 year Residence Permit.

The on line system is straight forward and my application was acknowleged within days.

For someone living in France for more than 5 years; go on line to the Ministére de l'Interieur and register your application providing copies of:
1. Valid passport
2. A document indicating date of settling in France (I used a tax return)
3. Proof of residence in 2020 (I submitted an EDF bill)

The automated acknowlegement provides a registration number and a cut off slip to show that the application is in hand.

I now wait to be called for an interview at the local préfecture.

Gruntled66
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I did mine shortly after the site went live in October and apart from an automated reply have yet to hear a dickie bird.

Hopefully it won't be as dismal as the driving licence 'service' where I am still awaiting satisfaction after years of submitting information in various formats, only to have the goalposts moved at every opportunity to prevent actually issuing the thing. Latest thing they have found to avoid actually doing any work - copy of carte de séjour required!

So once again I am in a catch 22 situation. ....

The words 'piss up' and 'brewery' spring to mind.
Flo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flo »

if you had a carte de sejour previously , they seem to be sending out the WARP one by post (on signature) , without any further rendezvous. I know about ten people who received them last week.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

I have lived here since 1986 and have never had a Carte de Sejour. My husband was a fonctionnaire in the Spanish Consulate Perpignan. Due to this I had a Carte Spécial Diplomatic which replaced the Carte de Séjour. I applied for a carte de séjour on 02/12/20 together with a scanned copy of my passport, Carte Diplomatic and Electricity bill. I received An attestation D'En Registrement with a code but haven't had anything else. I am worried because my case is different that I just get put to the bottom of the file or even worse that my application hasn't been registered! I have looked on the sites I can find, but haven't found anything to contact them to confirm. If anybody can advise either with an email address or phone no. I thank you in advance.
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

I had an expired CdS from 2011, applied for the new one mid October and received it end of December. They've got till October 21 to issue the cards. You've received an attestation, so it's been registered. Keep a print-out of it.
Ted & Jemima
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ted & Jemima »

Hello

Thousands of us are in roughly the same post-Brexit French lifeboat, as evidenced by the results of the recent well organised survey by Remain In France we participated in:
https://www.remaininfrance.fr/january-2 ... ey-results

News reports on English language websites for Brits in France (The Local, Connexion etc.) are covering the progress (or lack of it).

Yours
Ted & Jemima
http://findinglanguedoc.com
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Thank you all for your encouraging comments!
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I finally had a request for alternative proof of residence this morning so somebody is doing something!

Problem is that they asked me to send it electronically via a link to a page which doesn't include the link I am supposed to click on to submit it.

The email is from a do not reply address and there are no phone or email contacts in it, so I have raised this with the webmaster service and will see what if anything happens.

Great!
suewiz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by suewiz »

I have a rdv , need two photos , are photo booths open during COVID ?
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

The booth in Intermarché is open. Photos suitable, I used it for my passport renewal. Did the prefet contact you on your landline, mobile or leave a message?
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

Finally got sent my rendevous at the prefecture today for 28th April.

They do exist!
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Hi. Was the call to your landline, mobile or an email?
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

Sent by email.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Thanks for replying. I have become paranoid thinking I've maybe missed a call and they didn't leave a message! Regards
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nigel Bright »

Success. :D Received confirmation on the 19th April, from the Pyrénées Orientales authorities that our cards would be delivered in the near future and they duly arrived on the 31st April.
Brighty
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

My meeting last week was painless, the lady was very helpful, they just took fingerprints and the required photos and said they would send the carte through in a few weeks.

Fortunately no need to prove solvency etc which whilst not a problem makes life easier.