Help finding real information from the Government

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Phil E
Rank 1
Rank 1

Help finding real information from the Government

Post by Phil E »

Greetings, its been a while since I relocated from the US to France with my partner who is (after over a year of paperwork) my wife.
I have renewed my one year Titre De Seour once in Perpignan.

I need to renew it again and change my status from simply a visitor to a spouse of a French national.

No one answers phones. Every email link I have found bounces back as being unable to be delivered.

I know these people are hiding somewhere :)

I live a distance from Perpignan. Id really rather not drive there simply to find out what I need to accomplish the task. Im sure I need what I needed before but Im also sure they want other items. Common sense would say what those items would be. However, we all know that common sense is a dangerous assumption when it comes to the French network. Heck, for all I know the prefecture no longer does this and its been moved elsewhere...its typically anyone's guess!

Does anyone know how to actually contact a human being that can provide the needed information?

Thanks in advance and its been great reading this forum.

Phil
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Help finding real information from the Government

Post by Florence »

Try typing "demande de titre de séjour pour conjoint de français" in your search bar. Maybe some info on there.
Phil E
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Help finding real information from the Government

Post by Phil E »

Thank you so much Florence.

I believe that applies to me.

I have an Expiring Titre De Sejour. I got my visa in the US. It was renewed once in Perpignan before I was married. After over a year of paperwork I was married this summer.

It appears that I cannot get a multi year card at this point. Despite being together for 14 years France will likely treat it as a fake marriage. Also, it looks like a multi year card requires 3 renewals of the card I currently hold. I presume this would be the second renewal this fall. This renewal will require proof of marriage but that is no problem.

Besides, if I am required to take a test in French it would be pretty sad. My French is pitiful and it is slow to develop.

It is beyond me why this information does not seem linked to the prefecture website (which seems to take you in circles) but that is life!

Thanks again for the reply.

Phil