Applying for carte de sejour

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Applying for carte de sejour

Post by Brian »

Having been living permanently in France 5 years this week, we wrote to the Prefecture in Perpignan and have had a reply with requirements for our application for Cde S, appointment on 7 February 2019. Has anybody got previous recent experience of recent application? Do we need translation of anything ie pensions entitlement, passport, S1 healthcare etc? Grateful for any experiences of Perpignan office.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

An article coming out in next P-O Life mag (out this weekend) has readers’ experiences.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

We are a retired couple, living in France, owning property and resident for tax purposes. We applied two years ago. Process then was straightforward and we needed no documents translated. Took around 12 weeks. I understand waiting times are now significantly longer.

Gus
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

Our initial application 20+ yrs ago required translations of birth & marriage certificates, which we re-presented in August, along with the usual other stuff - tax returns, electricity bills, 5 yrs of each. I found all the info and request forms on the préfecture Perpignan site. They also required a s.a.e for each applicant.
We took all the originals plus photo copies and our old cards.
We were told it would take about a month from the 20th Aug., not heard anything yet, though.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

We received our Carte Sejour and couple of weeks ago. Make sure that if there are two of you applying you have a separate set of copy documents for each person. Also make sure you take you Birth Cert. I do not think this was mentioned on the form they sent with date of apponitment
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Carte de Séjour

Post by Nigel Bright »

Can anyone tell me if all applicants have to visit the prefecture in person during the application process? I want to start both mine and my wife's application straight away, but she is currently abroad, looking after her mother.
Thanks
Brighty
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

You do need to attend in person...they need to take your fingerprints
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Carte de Séjour

Post by russell »

Nigel Bright wrote:Can anyone tell me if all applicants have to visit the prefecture in person during the application process? I want to start both mine and my wife's application straight away, but she is currently abroad, looking after her mother.
Thanks
If you apply now you'll not get an appointment before February.

Russell
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Check out p49 of the latest P-O Life mag.
https://anglophone-direct.com/ap_img/ma ... Life61.pdf