Car Wash in the PO

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Peterm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Car Wash in the PO

Post by Peterm »

Could anyone please suggest a suitable car wash in the area which does not require a pre-paid charge card to activate it.
I am based in Collioure so Lavage garages in Perpignan or Argeles area would be fine.
There must still be some traditional Lavage garage sites where you pay in the shop, but not the ones that I have tried
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

There's a car wash in the gas station at Intermarché in Port-Vendres which takes coins, or did last time I recall. I've no idea whether it's what you expect from a traditional lavage: it's just a sort of gantry which trundles backwards and forwards.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

martyn94 wrote:There's a car wash in the gas station at Intermarché in Port-Vendres which takes coins, or did last time I recall. I've no idea whether it's what you expect from a traditional lavage: it's just a sort of gantry which trundles backwards and forwards.
It still seems to be there: €4,6, or 8, depending on how lavish you want to be about things like wax and wheel cleaning. It takes €1 and 2 coins. The shop has recently changed hands between U and Intermarché: they seem to have taken the opportunity to overhaul the car wash, at least to the point of fitting new brushes.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Car Wash in the PO

Post by Allan »

Peterm wrote:Could anyone please suggest a suitable car wash in the area which does not require a pre-paid charge card to activate it.
I am based in Collioure so Lavage garages in Perpignan or Argeles area would be fine.
There must still be some traditional Lavage garage sites where you pay in the shop, but not the ones that I have tried
It's a shame that there are none of the proverbial 'Asylum seeker car washes' that have sprung up over the North of England where the car is hand washed.

There is an IMO that is manually operated next to Norauto at Claira but that seems a long way to go to get your car cleaned.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Car Wash in the PO

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
Peterm wrote:that seems a long way to go to get your car cleaned.
I have always believed that it removes the "natural oils", as the sage of East Cheam used to say. But it can be useful to see out the windows.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We use the one at Auchan. It's the best we've found. No prepaid card needed. Just shove your money or your debit/credit card in et Robert est ton oncle!
Peterm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Car Wash

Post by Peterm »

Thank you for all your replies

I will try Port Vendres
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

There are 3 in Argeles. One next to Lidl and the other 2 on the Industrial estate, quite close together.
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

The question that I usually don't think to ask, and no-one ever thinks to volunteer. If you did get your car washed in Port-Vendres, or any where else, how did it go?
Peterm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Peterm »

I used the car wash in Auchan Perpignan which needs a credit card but gives a range of options depending how much you wish to pay. It is a good car wash and quite safe to use on the car as well which is always a concern