Trading at French markets

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Gael-force
Rank 1
Rank 1

Trading at French markets

Post by Gael-force »

Happy new year everyone. I am looking for information regarding selling at weekly markets in Languedoc Roussillon. Has any ex-pat reading this done it before? I am wondering where to start regarding the bureaucracy, is it the local Mairie office? Do you need to be registered as an auto entrepeuner? Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I've done it in the past. You'll need public liability insurance (from memory around 100€ for a year) and a Carte Ambulant. Good info here http://www.entreprises.cci-paris-idf.fr ... t-ambulant

To get one you'll need to have a status so yes you must be an Auto Entrepreneur or a company.

I traded for over a year at Ceret. As a new trader you get there early and the local police place you until such time as you get a regular place. I didn't get a regular place at all and I can't tell you how long you might wait to get one. Other markets may be easier and friendlier. I was only ever asked to show my carte and insurance once.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Gael-force
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thank you

Post by Gael-force »

Thank you Malcolm