AE - foncier des enterprises

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

AE - foncier des enterprises

Post by opas »

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/prof ... tml#N10073

I knew it was coming , but the amount was a shock!

I had a bill last week, read some forums about it, read on service public etc , and today visited the tax office in Perpignan. I had read that an exception can be made if you are not working in your own home as I don't, I go to other peoples properties, most of the time using their products, always using their vac, going to the public laundry to was their sheets .

The figure they have put on my bill is more than my tax foncier on the house I live in. The lady at the office was very sympathetic and inviting me to write in to the director of finances, but apparently the figure is set by the maires of the communes, so mine will be having the pleasure of my company tomorrow.

This tax is encouraging illegal working.

What I do want to find out is the bareme, if I increase my tariffs and earn more, will I have an increased bill next year, thus not achieving anything.

This tax has probably put me lower than the minimum wage, I will do the maths later when I have calmed down. I already pay nearly 25% in cotisations, this bill now is the same amount as I paid in quarterly contributions for the third trimester (my busiest ) and as much as the first to trimestres put together.

There was another man in there who also worked on his own in Canet, he was dressed as if he was a builder, his bill was twice mine - he too looked shellshocked.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

well I have done the simple maths. took my declared (true) figure , deducted my cotisations, deducted this new bill and divided the final bottom line by the yearly hours I worked. Ok the final figure was just over 10€ per hour. But I do not charge each client the same . This is done given the distance traveled.

What has not gone into the equasion is the diesel and travel time.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Look at the Facebook Group for an answer given there which will hopefully mean more to you than it does me!
Dylan
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

The A.E benefits from a lower rate of tax taking into consideration of business expenses(diesel etc) and I think you answered your own statement regarding travelling time by charging clients different rates depending on distance travelled .
As I mentioned , I sympathise with you , working here is tough!
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

mine was nearly Double......as said above..........it doesn't encourage...'legality'...
I am only happy to be heading into 'retraite' asap....!!! only 4 years to go....if they dont move the Goalposts...
Lynn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lynn »

I was told about this right around the time when I was considering taking your advice and do AE. So I asked a french lady who does changeovers (she's a member of an association so she's not particularly concerned) and who informed me about this. Turns out she's right. I wonder if she's right about the cheque CESU, too. She said it will be discontinued this year.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I wrote quite a strong letter to the centre de finances at perpignan, laid out the figures , my situation that I have nothing on my house that advertises a business, do not work in the home as I work in other peoples , using their Equipment etc, i also stated that the address for my business has to be somewhere for my quartely cotisation papers to come to, so I have to name my house etc.
stated that this bill was as high as my tax habitation and nearly as much as my tax foncier on the home, that the property is share ownership .

I received a letter giving me reduction! I have not received this yet, not a massive amount but better than the sum I have paid.
Debeneur.