Envelopes

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Envelopes

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

I have just been to the post office to buy a padded envelope to send a Christmas present to my niece. I wanted one with Belle and Sebastian on the front cover. I was told I could only post it in France. I offered to pay for extra stamps to send it to England. No this wasn't possible. When in the name of all that is common sense can't you pay for the envelope, pay for the postage and not be able to choose where you send it.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Because they are pre-paid envelopes which are set up to be scanned into the colissimo parcel system without more done: adding extra stamps and atypical addresses would require a separate print of envelopes and a degree of manual handling which they presumably (and understandably) find not worthwhile for the tiny proportion of customers who might want it. It is always dangerous to appeal to "common sense" unless you are absolutely confident that it is on your side, and are right to be confident.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

envelopes

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thankyou for that. I will put it inside a brown envelope and send it anyway.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I am afraid i always add stamps to make up for the Uk etc etc. They dont allow it but if put in the Postbox they always seem to get there!!! I just keep a stock of the Grey Ecopoli Stamps and an assortment of 1c, 5c and 10c and weigh the item, price it on line and add the stamps!!!