consumer rights again

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

consumer rights again

Post by mand »

Hi All

Does anyone know who is responsible for faulty goods the supplier or the manufacturer.

we bought a steam mop 3 months ago off the internet, it has now started over heating and cutting out after 10 minutes use.

We contacted the supplier and they don't want to know they have told us to contact the manufacturer stating it is nothing to do with them.

So far we have had no response from the manufacturer.

Thanks
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

U.K. contract law states that the contract was made between the purchaser and the seller NOT the manufacturer. This is part of the Sale of Goods Act which states that "goods must be fit for purpose for a reasonable period of time". I preume this would apply in Europe too.

I have taken goods back to UK shops and been given the spiel to contact the manufacturer, but when I quoted the "Sale of Goods Act" was offered a replacement or refund by the shop.

Hope this helps.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Mand
If you've paid with a Credit Card, you might get some help from them. But, after three months, I think it's too long for help.

PayPal gives you help too but 45 days is the normal limit.

Anyway, look at the place which handled your transaction method. It might help.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

Thanks for the replies. today we have sent another email to the supplier insisting they deal with it, if we don't get a reply we will contact our credit card company because all it is good for is the bin.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

floor mop faulty

Post by monsans »

I also bought one and find that it blows the fuses. I just turn all electrics off and away it goes. Obviously something faulty in the electrical connection but I can get it to do its job!!
Sandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: consumer rights again

Post by Sandy »

The Eight (8) Basic Consumer Rights
The Right to Basic Needs. ...
The Right to Safety. ...
The Right to Information. ...
The Right to Choose. ...
The Right to Representation. ...
The Right to Redress. ...