any ideas where to find new/ old/ reclaimed Teracotta Tiles?

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

any ideas where to find new/ old/ reclaimed Teracotta Tiles?

Post by LadyBass »

Happy New year all... :)

Does anyone know where I can find second hand ( ideally) terracotta tiles to renovate our beautiful Catalan staircase? Our tiled risers are cracked and wobbly?

I would also like to tile my terrrace in Terracotta tiles and wondered if anyone had found a cheap ( fair priced ) supplier / manufacturer / shop.

So far only found Brico and Leroys but they are modern copies, the real thing at Point P was HUGELY expensive...

any thoughts please?
It's not a rehearsal....
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Okay, this is more of a quest than getting directions. But here we go.

There's a TROC type of place very near to Auchan. You have to drive past the exit to Auchan, on the N9 and take the next exit. There is a small road which goes to the right and the Troc is about 1 kms from the N9. Whether you will find your treasure or not will be worth checking. They often have bits and bobs from older buildings. Old doors, old wood, etc. and maybe you might find your tiles too.

My directions are on the N9 going towards Le Boulou.

If you cannot understand the directions, post again and I can look into a map. Right now I'm at McDo and they don't provide maps.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Here's the name of this place.

Hypertroc

I had this from Google Earth but I didn't get the address. I think it's on Bresson but not sure. I could look at their "goodies" but I didn't see any tiles, but they have a lot of various items. Visit is the best way to determine if they have what you need.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Try La Bisbal in Spain, LB
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

A night in the tiles....

Post by LadyBass »

Balckduff and Thumbs thanks so much will check both out and let you know how I get on. really kind to do all that searching BD :)
It's not a rehearsal....
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

We have possibly about 6 or 7 square metres of left-over Rose Teracotta tiles you can have if you can collect. They are as new, un-glazed and nominally 350 x 200 x 25. They seem to be traditional hand made and hand fired and are therefore all individual, some more exact than others but very few are what you would call 'perfect'.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5 ... CT0046.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5 ... CT0045.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5 ... CT0044.jpg
PM me for more details
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Hi thanks for your PM, we have PM'd you back regarding your collection. Hope to hear from you soon.