Decent used camping cars

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Moira
Rank 0
Rank 0

Decent used camping cars

Post by Moira »

Hi...am hoping to buy a good used camping car at Christmas and would prefer a left hand drive...am after something spacious 2/4 people max and good sized loo/shower..approx price..25,000 euros...any advice on best places to look in the PO and not too distant beyond??... also searching for some place to leave it privately when not travelling...my garage in Arles is tiny..the clio is coverecd in scratches...no hope with a camping car...have decided to spend several weeks at a time exploring Europe and coming back to Arles sur Tech for a few weeks in between...any advice from you MOST welcome..have thought about looking in Holland..but a long way to go..though could get there after a UK visit.
Many thanks in anticipation...Someone always comes up trumps!!!
Moira
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

First place to try would probably be Evasion 66 in Ceret, Moira.

Here's one I found - looks quite nifty! It looks like it sleeps SEVEN but I'm not sure that it would sleep seven all at the same time! lol :lol: :lol:

http://www.evasion66.fr/fiche.php?Ref=733
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

You should be able to find something good for that price.

I have no personal experience of them but have heard good reports of http://www.ypocamp.fr/htm/general_pages ... -31600.htm near Toulouse.

Can't recommend Pacar in Rivesates. Bought our camping there and had poor after sales service. Heard many complaints from other owners around the region.

The local representative of the Camping Car Club Sud lives in Le Soler. The club is very friendly and organises group outings. We are the only English members in the region so it is very good for improving our french.

If you want more advice off forum drop me a PM.

Russell.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Moira,
Thanks for PM. However you don't have a return PM enabled. PM me with your email address and I will give you more info.

Russell.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I was able to pm Moira, Russell.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Yes, the pm button is back here. Don't know what happened!

Russell.
mountaindweller
Rank 0
Rank 0

campervan

Post by mountaindweller »

Have sent you a PM,may be able to help in your search.
taniyadennison
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by taniyadennison »

I know Russell said he didn't recommend Pacar at Rivesaltes for buying a camper, but we have ours stored there & have had no problems at all. €400 p/year, sheltered storage & battery maintenance through the winter if required.
Taniya
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Probably OK just for storage though it sounds a bit dear.

Bought our camping car from them, guaranteed for a year. It suffered a breakdown after three weeks. They wouldn't honor the guarantee. Said that the part concerned (which made the vehicle undriveable) wasn't covered.

Another local member of the Camping Car Club Sud had a very bad experience with repairs leaving him with no gas or hot water until he took it elsewhere.

Buyer beware!

Russell.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There are apparently some camping cars on display at the salon senior next weekend http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Cap-Li ... ir-in,3247

I have free tickets for anyone who wants them - just drop me an email and I will arrange to leave them on the door.
DavidB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DavidB »

For secondhand camping cars a bit further afield, it might be worth trying TPL at Narbonne, who work in conjunction with Narbonne Accessoires. Also, Castel Camping Cars at Narbonne.
Another option is to look in a magazine such as "Le Monde du Camping Car", which has sections of CC's for sale by both dealers and private sellers. It also has a section which gives prices of 2nd hand CC's by model and year.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »