Haberdashery

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Haberdashery

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Is there such shops in the PO to get some crystals & Pearls (not real), to make a vine headdress for my daughter , we have seen them but I am sure I could make one...make it a bit more personal.. :lol:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

A girl that I know who makes jewellery buys all of hers online.

Here's a couple of sites that I found :

http://www.matierepremiere.fr/

http://www.sayila.fr/?gclid=CMvE8O6mtqICFYssDgodPFWQ6Q

If you look in the Maison de la Presse for the jewellery making magazines, you will get whole lists of them in the directory.

I'm not sure that the usual haberdashery shops would have a wide enough range for what you're looking for.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks Thumbs as usual you come up trumps........ :lol: :lol: Before I start and maybe make a mess of it, does your friend make Bridal Hair vines?
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

lol - no she doesn't M.

but you won't make a mess of it, I know! :D :D :D
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Olivia just emailed me, she has found someone to make her one.. :roll: clearly doesn't want mummy making her one.. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks anyway Thumbs.. :D
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Next to But in Perpignan there is a huge haberdashery, they have all kinds of things. If not, there is another one further along...just oposite to the entrance to Castorama,
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks Opas, now I will test her loyalty... :wink: :lol: :lol:
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

I thin there's a shop called "tissus Mondial" at Porte d'Espagne which sells all sorts of bits and pieces. It's at the end of the parade of shops which include Fly and But (end nearest nightmare roundabout)
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

Excellent haberdashery in town called La Couterie just next to the Marché République. Also on the Rue de l'Ange, opposite this shop but a bit further down (from the Marché) is a veritable Aladdin's Cave. Shop window full of lace, beads, etc. etc. However, if you want to do cheapo, go to any market and buy a few of those ghastly necklaces you find for next-to-nothing and just take off the beads.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We'll be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks - John Lewis/ Robert Sayles and all that.
If you still need something specific I can bring it back for you before the guillotine day!!!!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Your a star pol...we are there early July to sort Wedding gear out and all that, so will see how much I can get done in 10days.. :shock: :shock: as it is proving to be cheaper to get as much as I can in the UK.. :roll: