Lighting

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Lighting

Post by Santiago »

I've just spent a depressing 2 hours in Leroy-Merlin trying to decide about lighting and come away empty handed.

Can anybody recommend a good lighting shop, either here or in Spain, where fittings are displayed well and prices are not exhorbitant.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Have you tried Solea in Cabestany?
We found some very good stuff in their shop in Carcassonne/Salvaza
http://www.solea.fr/accueil/accueil.php
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Lighting

Post by john »

Santiago wrote:Can anybody recommend a good lighting shop, either here or in Spain, where fittings are displayed well and prices are not exhorbitant.
Keria(next to Pier Import nr BUT) fulfils the first of your criteria,but definitely not the second.Its PRICEY.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Keria may not always be dearer. I bought all some of my outside lights there and they were the same price as Castorama. They also had more choice. Luck of the draw I guess.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Casto had a very good selection too. Price wise, they're okay. I have bought at the shop of Keria~it's dear but when it has the lights you want, you pay the price.

The Italian light shop in Mas Guerido has a nice selection of lights not found elsewhere. Again, it's not a cheap shop.

Depending the type of light needed, Auchan has a few lamps worth looking (does this mean it's a pun).

I have bought a few lamps at Weldom but I've always thought they should be renamed as "Ali Baba and his Fourty Thieves".

There used to have another shop on the N9 near the shop D'Class in Pollestre. I'm not sure if it's still in place.

Blackduff
Rob B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rob B »

IKEA at Montpellier (or Toulouse) have all the same stuff that they have everywhere else, and I haven't seen them beaten on value for money. They have a large lighting section. It's a long way, but you can look at their catalogue online...
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

blackduff wrote:There used to have another shop on the N9 near the shop D'Class in Pollestre. I'm not sure if it's still in place.Blackduff
Still there bought some lights a couple of months ago, The Women there are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Jonathan,
What about the Truc's, ?? I was in Truc Catalan this afternoon, its the new one next to Baboo on Ave du Maréchal Koenig, (virtually opposite the Fire station and on the parade with CRAM and the Chinese Restaurant).

They have quite a few lights in today, and the prices are luminating. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Michael
pfrancis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Lighting

Post by pfrancis »

There is a good one in Pollestres on the D900/N9. It is in the block on left
hand side driving south towards Le Perthus, just after rond point with newish intermarche on it. Almost opposite it is the local Cooperative and Europiscine.

Can't remember what they are called but do remember a good range well displayed along with a large range of bulbs. Prices? Highish from memory but quality good.

Paul.