Breakfast muffins

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Breakfast muffins

Post by Sue »

Muffins, the bread type you put bacon and egg in are now available in Aldi, Argeles. Bottom of first aisle on the right. They have loads in stock with a mid May sell by date.
Dylan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

They are OK but they all smell of sulphur. Lots of preservatives.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Good to get some feedback both positive and negative. I bought 2 packs which have gone straight into the freezer. Just nice to have something different once in a while. All I need now is my bacon delivery!
Dylan
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Santiago wrote:They are OK but they all smell of sulphur. Lots of preservatives.
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ ... -nutrient/
:shock:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Santiago wrote:They are OK but they all smell of sulphur. Lots of preservatives.
Any viennoiserie which is meant to stay "fresh" for three weeks is bound to have lots. I tried some very briefly many years ago (pain au lait?) and they were foul.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Davidsimon wrote:
I read through the link you gave Davidsimon, thanks. I have a friend with chronic fibromyalgia, and read that sulphur supplement could help her, so I've passed on the info
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

mmm . . . We used to hear of something called brimstone and treacle but I think we get enough in a normal diet.

Russell.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

sue and paul wrote:
Davidsimon wrote:
I read through the link you gave Davidsimon, thanks. I have a friend with chronic fibromyalgia, and read that sulphur supplement could help her, so I've passed on the info
Hope it helps,got to admit it was news to me.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Yes, I hope so too. She has never been told by her consultant of any benefit she might derive from a sulphur supplement, but it sure won't hurt to try. Thanks
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

I too have Chronic Fibromyalgia and have never heard of the beneficial effects of Sulphur.

If there were then presumably I would benefit from the hot springs baths, and this sounds like a re-launch of 'TheCure' .

I am up for it. Any evidence anybody?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Well my taste in muffins must be as bad as my taste in wine. We had a muffin toasted and filled with Tim's bacon yesterday for lunch and to be honest I could tell no difference from those I would sometimes buy in the UK.
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Sue wrote:Well my taste in muffins must be as bad as my taste in wine. We had a muffin toasted and filled with Tim's bacon yesterday for lunch and to be honest I could tell no difference from those I would sometimes buy in the UK.
I can imagine that they are not much worse. But why would you want your bacon in anything so soggy (unless you are McDonalds, where soggy is compulsory)? Half a baguette does the job for me.

Though the baguette down here seems mostly mediocre or worse, and sold out any time after about 1730 from now to October. Can anyone recommend a decent one (I am currently about 50m from the Meuilleur Baguette de Paris 2011, so my standards are exacting)?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I toast my muffins so they aren't soggy. The Marie Blachere sells the best baguettes that I have had in the 9+ years I have lived here. In Argeles it is between The Shanghai, chinese restaurant and Gifi. It must be the baguette Marie not the ordinary baguette.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

On the odd ocasion i fancy bacon and egg muffin , i buy burger buns but as sue said they have to be toasted. That said i prefer Bagels for texture but the egg has a tendancy to oooze throuh the hole :lol:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Haven't been in stock since.Maybe they're nervous about restocking in case they sell out again!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Typical Aldi and Lidl!
Dylan
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

They sell them in the carrefour at Laroque
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Crumpets too!
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

Noooooooo Malcolm, don't tell everyone :twisted: :lol: . I'll never get my secret stock then!
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

:o
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.