Darty, Amelie

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Darty, Amelie

Post by Pearsonb »

Can I put in a word of praise for this shop? The in shop service was excellent with a sales person who knew their products very well, the prices were fine and the delivery was exactly at the time promised. Very impressive.

Pearson
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I have been a long way from a Darty for most of my time in France, so I have mostly bought online. But I can vouch for their delivery service: not only do they deliver on time, but they consistently find the place. Which is more than the "dedicated" delivery firms (or their sub-contractors) manage to do.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

I'm seconding the praise for Darty in Amelie. Most of my electrical goods have come from there over the years. I can't remember what the store there was called when I first moved to Amelie, but the staff were incredibly helpful. When I saw Darty had taken it over, I was concerned the personal touch would have gone - but no, not at all. The same staff and still as helpful.

Talking of Darty delivery - yesterday I was driving from St Laurent over to Serralongue. I didn't see a single vehicle on that stretch of the road apart from - yup, a Darty delivery van.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Darty in general are brilliant. I ordered a new hoover online yesterday afternoon and we collected it from our Point Relay in Argeles at 12 this morning.
Dylan