TIM THE SAUSAGE MAN AND RON THE GROCER

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

TIM THE SAUSAGE MAN AND RON THE GROCER

Post by Sue »

Fresh off the press Tim the Sausage Man and Ron the Grocery Man are returning to the PO with their wares on the 15th March. Details of times and locations to follow. Get your orders in early.
Dylan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

who is.......

Post by Smiley G »

Who is Ron the grocery man? what does he sell? is there a link to find out more please?
We use the sausage man now and then but didn't know about the grocery man
Thanks
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I am sure it has been mentioned on here. Its definitely on the Facebook Group. Details are:

http://les-chenes.eu/index.php
Dylan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

thank you

Post by Smiley G »

We don't use Facebook and don't remember seeing information on the Forum, so thanks for bringing me up to speed.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Does anyone really crave cadburys hot chocolate or coffee mate?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Not me or much else!
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I am tempted to say that it's all the stuff I left the UK to avoid. But it's not really so, unless you lived in a 1950s time-warp: Paxo stuffing, Birds custard powder.... I wouldn't know how to find them in London, let alone the P O. If Ron finds buyers for this dross, good luck to him, but it seems a bit sad, for him and them.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Intermarche Argeles sell both Paxo stuffing and custard powder!!
Dylan
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

Paxo stuffing , custard powder and female hygiene products !!!!! What's happening to the forum ????
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

redneckrover wrote:Paxo stuffing , custard powder and female hygiene products !!!!! What's happening to the forum ????

TV withdrawal syndrone
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

We like to buy some of those British food products. Shreddies, Bisto, some of the baking ingredients, baked beans and Taylors Yorkshire Tea. I'm sure other people have their little lists too.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Santiago wrote:We like to buy some of those British food products. Shreddies, Bisto, some of the baking ingredients, baked beans and Taylors Yorkshire Tea. I'm sure other people have their little lists too.
Try Carrefour Market at Ille sur Tet. They have Bisto and Heinz baked beans in their English section and cheddar cheese in the normal cheese section.

Russell.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I am looking for rolling fondant icing.......if anyone knows where I can buy it please let me know.
First port of call tomorrow is the asia centre in cabestany.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Lidl were selling it a couple of weeks ago. Trouble is they take it away when it has been haging around for a while. It may be worth having a look in your local one though. Other than that I think most supermarkets sell it now, albeit pricey. I seem to remember you asking this question a year or so ago when you made a cake for the Dr's daughter!!
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

www.forward2me.com offer 'Concierge' shopping and Forwarding Service.
If ordering enough this could beat those exhorbitant French Supermarket prices for ExPat products.... Maybe a few people could get together to Max the weight Limit.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Sue wrote:Lidl were selling it a couple of weeks ago. Trouble is they take it away when it has been haging around for a while. It may be worth having a look in your local one though. Other than that I think most supermarkets sell it now, albeit pricey. I seem to remember you asking this question a year or so ago when you made a cake for the Dr's daughter!!
Yes sue I did, I ended up making it with melted marshmellow, ok for a 7 year old, but its forJennifers 21st( I know I don't look old enough :oops: ) and should have had my organised head on,3 lots of friends arrived by car ,

Will scour my local supermarkets then go to Asia centre.
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Happy hunting.:)
Dylan
Mira_LP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mira_LP »

I had the same problem when wanted to have some goods shipped from UK. Since British clothing retailers didn't accept my non-UK credit card i started using Shop for Me service from www.MyUKmailbox.com

It's very comfy and price is not so high, so that everyone can afford it. Is there anybody here who make use of such service and what's your opinion on this? Are there other services for expats you can recommend?
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

many (uk) retailers now accept payPal........i have used a mailbox and forwarding service but at £20 a go.... best if there is at least, free UK Shipping...