Prescription glasses online

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Prescription glasses online

Post by lonesome paddy »

Has anybody any practical experience of buying prescription glasses online.
I understand the procedure just wondering if anyone knows what the quality etc is like. I am thinking of using a French sites to buy them.
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Prescription glasses online

Post by Satbloke66 »

lonesome paddy wrote:Has anybody any practical experience of buying prescription glasses online.
I understand the procedure just wondering if anyone knows what the quality etc is like. I am thinking of using a French sites to buy them.
I've never used a French site but I have bought 4 pairs of glasses and sunglasses from www.spex4less.co.uk - they are really helpful, deliver to France, and you can phone and talk to them if you have questions. Also, if for any reason you don't like the glasses they refund you. You probably already know this but you will need your PD (pupillary distance) measurement to order.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I've used these people for varifocals and found them to be good: http://www.glasses2you.co.uk/

Russell.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Thanks for the replies Satbloke & Russell. Ive had a good look at those 2 sites and they do offer a good selection at a decent price. The reason im looking online is because ive been disappointed with the quality of the glasses from French opticians. The lenses in the last 2 pairs became blurred and difficult to see thru after about 2 years, its not a sight problem just a lens problem as i can see perfectly well with other peoples glasses of a similar strength. Thanks again.
Abel_4

Post by Abel_4 »

Nice post!