Proper corn flour totilla

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Proper corn flour totilla

Post by cufc »

Hi. I'm living up in l'Aude now so a bit further away from the Spanish border. Trying to get hold of some proper corn flour tortillas rathet than the "Old El Paso" type wraps. Is there anywhere down in the P.O. that stocks them, please? Or up here, if possible?
Thanks.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I only make the difference between the flour tortillas against the corn tortillas. I like the flour tortillas but the corn tortillas is a bit "tough" for my taste.

I do see various brands from time to time but the El Paso is currently at Lidl. They now have flour tortillas with various tastes, ie, spinach, etc..

Intermarche and Carrefour will have various tortillas in their shelves, most of the time. Sometimes I can find them in the Asia Center too but not always.

I lived in Spain for six years and worked three more years there after and I don't think tortillas are heavy on the ground. I took nine Spaniards to California and they tried the tortillas and the various Mexican foods but they really didn't like the food.

The flour tortilla is easy to make. Been during a party once and the Mexican cook was making the tortillas and heated them on a steel barrel and served them with salsa. She would cook them quickly and then put butter on them. Next was a dosage of salsa and you're off to heaven.

You can buy Tortilla presses here and also in the UK. The Asian cooks use them for making their dumplings.

Of course, I really haven't helped your source. Maybe somebody will give more information.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Another tit bit of useless information, this one concerns the types of tortillas.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/corn-tortilla ... healthier/

This site seems that I'm eating the wrong type of tortilla. Bu**er Me! Maybe this is why I'm getting bigger.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.