moving to Portes vendres

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

barbara jermyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

moving to Portes vendres

Post by barbara jermyn »

moving into an empty house and need furniture. Can anyone recommend where I can get some cheap beds, table etc. apart from le Troc in Perpignan? Also need a kitchen and appliances fridge cooker etc. Is Darty the best shop?
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

We have variously used But and Conforama for furnishings and Auchan and D'Arty for white goods and TV. We have also bought from a place selling white goods in Mas Guerido, but I can't remember the name of the store. Castorama or Leroi Merln for kitchen, bathroom and garden stuff.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The store at Mas Guerido is MDA. They're pretty low in prices and they give a good guarantee, service the appliances, and do delivery too. Right now they're the cheapest prices for good appliances. They also provide parts of the appliances which they sell.

They are a few meters walking from the Asian Center.

http://www.mda-electromenager.com/magas ... IGNAN.html

This is a National company.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Hold off buying till after next wednesday if you can, the sales all start then and some good bargains to be had!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Another thought too is checking within the Le Bon Coin. Not sure about kitchen equipment but you never know on this internet list.

www.leboncoin.fr

I've been both bought and sold on the Le Bon Coin and I'm still very happy with the results. Plus, it's cheap to either buy or sell through this method.

IKEA does sell kitchens too but a friend almost bought one from IKEA and then checking further and LeRoy was cheaper and nicer and it was delivered and installed.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

There is also Depot Vente on Argeles Industrial Estate which sells all household goods and inparticular reasonably priced beds and mattresses. Also most of the markets sell beds and mattresses
Dylan
lamparo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Depot de Vente

Post by lamparo »

There is a second hand furniture shop in Port Vendres. It has a pink shop front and is located on Rue Pasteur. The owners are Pierre and Marcel - both very friendly. I don't have a telephone number, but ask anyone in PV for directions.
David
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Although its a depot vente in Argeles the majority of the stuff is brand new.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I have a friend (British) and he said he wants to sell a large dining table with chairs, etc.. There's also a Oak desk too for sale. I'll have more information tomorrow-he's not on the internet but I'll list his details when he gives me the info tomorrow morning. He lives in Sorede so it can be viewed at his place.

More later.

Blackduff
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

"Depot Vente on Argeles Industrial Estate " where abouts is this please?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dedieu Jean-Jacques

maps.google.com - Translate this page

Place page

1 Rue Perdrix 66700 Argelès-sur-Mer, France
04 68 95 77 26
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Hoped you may be able to link onto that posting! If you Google Dedieu Jean-Jacques, Argeles sur Mer you will get a route map.
Dylan
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Thanks
rossiel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rossiel »

Hi Barbara

I wondered whether you might be interested - we are clearing my late father's house in St Genis des Fontaines and have some white goods/ furniture that may suit you -including a washing machine, brand new sofa, beds and other items.

It would be great if they could go to a new home.

Rossie
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CarolineN »

we have recently 'down sized' and have persian rugs if you are interested and a 140 bed with memory matress

we are in Torreilles Plage

Good luck with the move. :)