Fridge playing up!

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Fridge playing up!

Post by Lanark Lass »

Hello there - lovely warm weather but my fridge freezer (2 motors) is playing up! Freezer seems fine but the fridge just doen't seem cold enough these past couple of days and I'm worried about food going off - not to mention warm wine!Hope it doesn't mean I have to look for aa replacement as the unit is only 5 years old.

Can anyone reccomend someone in the St Andre area who could have a look at the fridge and either repair or confirm the worst?

Many thanks
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Is the fridge a frost free type?

I had this problem a few month ago whilst at my dads in UK.

I was told to defrost the freezer..........I know, sounds weired. leave it unplugged overnight when done, put cloths/sheets down to soak up moisture, I know it does not appear to have ice in the freezer as it is a frost free, but you would be suprised how much moisture is in there.

Then plug unit back in, get it back to the level you want before putting any frozen food back inthere( hope you have a few kind neighbours to look after your frozen goods for a couple of days)
when you use the fridge in future anything that can give off moisture must be shrink wrapped, ie cucumber, grapes.

try it, if it is a frost free, before you go the engineer route.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Thanks for that. But the freerer part is fine. My problem is with the fridge. Someone has suggested a call-out from a large shop near Perpignan.

Haven't got anyone nearby to store food for me if I do have to empty freezer so here's hoping that won't be necessary. Just trying to shop on a dqay to day basis now.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

My dads was the fridge too! thats why I thought the repair people I called( I did a few) were a bit crazy.

His fridge was actually warmer inside than the room was. The high temp light was on, his freezer was absolutly fine.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

when we had this problem with our Liebherr 2 motor unit... it was the fridge thermostat. we had this changed by the local Keny and it has worked fine ever since
the Skyman