cherry clafoutis recipe?

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

cherry clafoutis recipe?

Post by sue and paul »

Has anyone got a foolproof cherry clafoutis recipe please? I thought I once saw one in PO Life, but after searching back copies no luck
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

:cry:
Last edited by thumbelina on Mon 20 Jun 2011 09:58, edited 2 times in total.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Have a look at this recipe. I haven't done this one but I was told it was great.

The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Subject: Re: Cherry Clafoutis
Date: 26/9/05 12:49
Number: 19180
Author: iain40
URL: http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9561532

Clafoutis

4 large eggs
4 oz caster sugar
Pinch of salt
2.5 oz SR purpose flour
8 oz milk
2 oz cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3/4 - 1 lb of fruit to be used - cherries, pears, prunes, peaches etc - all stoned/peeled/sliced/where appropriate - great with blackberries!!

icing sugar

Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously butter 9-inch-diameter deep-dish glass pie plate. Beat eggs, sugar and salt in medium bowl to blend. Whisk in flour. Add milk, butter, vanilla and lemon peel and whisk until smooth. Arrange fruit in bottom of prepared plate. Pour custard over fruit.
Bake until clafoutis is set in center and golden on top, about 55 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over and serve.
The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Subject: Re: Cherry Clafoutis
Date: 26/9/05 17:35
Number: 19199
Author: hel20a
URL: http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9562347

OK nuff said. Thanks Iain ..... (-:
Jerry you won't need this one now........ it's more or less the same but has the cherries soaking in kirsch and the batter made with crème fraîche double cream and milk.
Helen

I have a good recipe but I cannot find this right now. I was looking at the recipe but my wife put this into her book. I'll try to find this one too.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Although I haven't made this recipe, I have eaten the results during over three years. The woman which made this was my speech therapist and she liked to make this often. When the cheeries were not in season, she put grapes into the recipe.

So, although I haven't saying I've made this myself, I have eaten the results and it's quite tasty.

Clafoutis aux Cerises

• 4 eggs
• 125 grams of sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
• 80 grams of flour
• ¼ liter of milk
• 60 grams of butter
• 1 sachet of sugar vanilla
• 500 grams of black cherries

Preparation is about 20 minutes
Cooking time is about 45 minutes

You'll have to experiment for the temps.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks all of you. I'll be doing it tomorrow I think