Two Italians Making Linguine with moules and gambas

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Two Italians Making Linguine with moules and gambas

Post by blackduff »

There was a program yesterday showing two Italian guys making linguine while they're in a small boat.

I posted this a few minutes back and lost the text so I'm keeping this for a short version.

I want to get the recipe for the linguine. I think I remember the whole step for fixing this but checking on the program would help.

Does anybody remember the program name, channel number, or anything else which would help.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Think it was Two Greedy Italians or similar. I know it had greedy in it!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

The very one. Excellent series . Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Whatsisname . It's on BBC 2,Blackduff.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Merci, Merci, Merci

The program was great but this food certainly is going to be served within this weekend.

Miammmmm!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

blackduff wrote:Merci, Merci, Merci

The program was great but this food certainly is going to be served within this weekend.

Miammmmm!

Blackduff
Sounds great BD.

I suppose an invite is out of the question.........?
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Oi, it was me what found the recipe...... :wink:
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

sue and paul wrote:Oi, it was me what found the recipe...... :wink:
My Mum always told me; "if you don't ask,you don't get", Sue.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

ah, I understand now, you were asking for me? :lol: thanks...
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Two greedy

Post by Sue »

The Two Greedy Italians is being repeated on BBC2. The first episode being shown tonight at 4pm UK time 5pm french time.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Thanks Sue
Actually I'm going to the Criée this morning and get the moules and gambas. I'll watch the first episode this afternoon to make sure what I'm doing this correctly. It's kind of simple though. The fresh ingredients will be the most important for the meal.

I will stop at the bar in the criée and have lunch too. Saturday will be a nice day but I didn't win any money from the euromillions last night.

Now, what white wine for tonight????? Since a large amount of the wine wil go into the food, I don't want to spend too much money but taste is most though.

Blackduff
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

greedy italians

Post by Sue »

I think Im right in saying the moules and gambas recipe was in the second episode shown earlier this week. Enjoy anyway!

PS for the stupid like me what is the criee?
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I always thought that the "criée" is the "call" for the sell of of the lots of the fish on the market. Auction (sp) is a better name. Criée was used in Puerto Santa Maria, where I lived in Spain. Literally, its a "Call".

About ten years back there was a changed at the Criée. It stopped being so much an auction and now it's just a groupe of vendors. Of course I'm probably wrong. I'll report after my lunch and give you my viewpoint.

Blackduff
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Okay, I'm back from the Criée and I say it's worth returning. I chose to take the "formile 8.50€" which gives me six oysters (medium size), a large bowl of anchovies in oil, some bread, and a nice size glass of nice white wine.

Maybe I should have chosen a larger formule, as I'm still a bit hungry. But, the quality of everything was great.

Of course, I also bought my mussels and gambas to fix my Linguine with moules and gambas.

I did buy a nice bottle of white wine at the Criée which is cheaper than at the cave.

I'm hoping for tonight's meal.

Blackduff
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I tried the recipe last night and found it great. Overall, the TV episode showed the step by step for the moules and gambas but in reality, it's very fast. I had to get the linguine ready when the moules, etc. starts to cook.

Again, the TV version shows oil flaunting around in the pot plus some wine splashing too. Mostly I put some wine while it was cooking but the oil arrived when the linguine was mixed.

I put too much salt and pepper. The next time will be less. I used two small Thai peppers, since i didn't have any Italian peppers.

I put 300 g of moules and 200 g of gambas. This seemed correct for two people. I used one half of a citron too. Pricewise, it costs about 6/7€ to fix and the price of the wine used. It was a nice meal for two.

Blackduff