Excellent New Restaurant

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Excellent New Restaurant

Post by edann42 »

We had lunch today at La Pierranne, a new restaurant which has opened in Villelongue dels Monts!

Owned by a Belgian couple, Peter and Anne, the food was excellent, amongst the best experienced in the Alberes! The service impeccable! The food is Cuisine Traditionelle & Specialities Belges/

3 course Lunch with wine was 24 euro and well worth it!

We will return for Dinner in June, when Anneliese and I have our Birthday's, it's that good!!

To book a table, or for any info.,their 'phone number is: 04 68 56 83 01

The address is 21, Carrer de la Marinada, 66740

Edwin
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I've heard many good reports. It's top of my "to try list" at the next opportunity.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

12 euro each = 24 euro!

Salad with smoked potrine pieces

Sea food lasagne

Black fruits juss over ice cream and chantilly

Glass of wine each!

You should tryit, without a doudt!!!! :) :)
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

We had lunch there yesterday...it was excellent in all respects....fantastic value at 11.50€ for three courses.......give it a try I am sure you will not be disappointed
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

I'm told today by the owner, Peter, that he has had a number of people from the Forum, eating at the retaurant having read the original write up!!

Very pleased for him!!!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Peter and Anne of the La Pierranne have sent their Mother's Day menu for this Sunday, which uses some clever recipes with asparagus. They told me....

"We were very happy to find the 'asperges' from the region we come from just over the boarder in Holland's Limburg.
They are supposed to be the best you can find and we believe so too."

Menu fête des mères – 28 euros (lunch)

Entrée
Asperges au carpaccio de bœuf
ou
Rillettes de maquereau avec sa salade de lentilles

Plat
Asperges à la flamande, pommes de terre grenaille
ou
Asperges au saumon fumé, sauce vierge
ou
Magret de canard, lasagne de pommes de terre, jus de banyuls

Dessert
Gratin de fruits fraîches
ou
Café Liégeois glacé

Café + verrine de choco mousse

Surprise pour les mères !

Reservation 04.68.56.83.01
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I finally got there last night and was utterly delighted as was Stephanie. The food was lovely, beautifully prepared, perfectly seasoned and generous. The surroundings were a refreshing surprise with well pitched background music and a good feeling of light, space and cleanliness. The price was very reasonable too. Above all the welcome is very friendly and the atmosphere relaxed and fun.

It's nice to know that Pierre and Anne welcome folks who just want an early evening drink at the bar too. Nice range of Belgian beers and they've gone to the trouble of selecting wines that are a bit different from the norm.

All in all this restaurant is now high on my list of regular haunts.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Last evening I had the Osso Buco, it was to die for!! Anneliese had a great steak!!

Cant think of anywhere else locally where you can have a meal of the same quality!!

Highly recommended, again!!!!

For those of you who dont know, the restaurant is Pierreanne in Villalongue del Monts!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Two years on (so prices have probably changed) this restaurant still has a very good reputation and is going strong.

Here is a message from Peter received today by email
We have decided to open monday night instead of tuesday night.

Every monday night we will do a BBQ dinner "sur réservation".

Next monday we will start with chicken wings marinated in a hoisin salsa served with red onion and yoghurt.

The main dish will be a BBQ-steak with baked potatoes and a mixed salad.

For dessert we will serve ice-cream or crème catalane.

The price for the menu is 25 euros.

If you'd like to join us, let us know.
Take a look at the review.
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Restau ... -Pierranne
lynda
Rank 2
Rank 2

Pierranne

Post by lynda »

We live in Villelongue during the summer and just love our local restaurant as the owners are now great friends of ours. The food is superb and we went last Monday to their new BBQ evening . We were not disappointed as it was great fun and the steaks were to die for !!
lyndyloo