La Coupole Ceret

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

mwanareid
Rank 0
Rank 0

La Coupole Ceret

Post by mwanareid »

Mark and I ate here last night. It used to be a bar but has been shut for the last year and a half at least.

One of the guy who owns it was a fisherman in Port Vendres and seems to me he still has some contacts in the fish world.

they have a weekend menu at 20 euros, with plenty of choice, a la carte and 2 or 3 less expensive menus. The seafood and fish was simple and fresh, the steak very tasty almost barbequed in flavour with a nice peppery sauce. Cheese plate simple, but ripe. The decor isnt to my taste and perhaps it is unfortunate to be on the Rue Saint Ferreol and not up top, but hey we would all like to be there!! I hope it does well, to my mind it was one of the nicest meals i have had in Ceret for years, one weekend menu and one a la carte menu with a demi pichet of piquemal rose and coffees was 67 euros, i was very happy!!

I had a plate of fresh coquillages, Mark a dozen oysters, then i had grilled whole dorade, Mark the entrecot with pepper sauce, we both had cheese.

Mwana