Chat qui Rit

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Chat qui Rit

Post by Kathy »

This summer I tried this restaurant under the new owners. The famous salad and sweet buffets are no longer available. The menu choices are quite small and there is much more of a Catalan influence in the ones that are on offer. If you want a steak then this is not the place for you., 6 people came and went when they discovered that beef was not on offer. However, the chef is obviously a talented man and we were pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality of the food we had.
We all had the Chat qui Rit menu at 35 Euros. This consisted of five small to medium sized courses, all beautifully presented with ,IMO, well thought out flavour combinations. My memory is not brill but here goes describing what we had.
Red and Yellow tomato tart in wafer thin puff pastry with basil and balsamic oil,
Daurade with sauteed courgettes and yellow pepper sauce,
Pintade chasseur with risotto rice and a mild pepper sauce,
Selection of cheese,
Melon balls with lavender jus and muscat sorbet.

I had a nosy at other peoples dishes as they went past and it all looked to be of a high standard. A new waitress is there who speaks perfect english and the welcome was warm and friendly.
Arthur and Lyn
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Arthur and Lyn »

Sounds really good Kathy, but price is a bit out of my range, and I suspect a lot of other peoples. But for a one off or celebration why not.
By the way I keep meaning to say your dogs look lovely.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Arthur and [i]Lyn wrote: [/i]your dogs look lovely.
Helen agrees (price & dogs!) But yours looks lovely too, Arthur & Lyn.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

That price is not cheap, I agree, but there were cheaper options on the menu. As it has changed hands I thought people should know what to expect then they can decide for themselves.
We only have the dog in the background now, Ellie, and she is a grand old lady who still thinks she is a pup.
All animals are wonderful in my opinion.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I have met both the animals in question,and,even to me,who is not the greatest dog lover in the world,they are both fine creatures.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

john wrote:I have met both the animals in question,and,even to me,who is not the greatest dog lover in the world,they are both fine creatures.
yep, i agree.
Ellie is lurrrrrvly!!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Arthur and Lyn wrote:Sounds really good Kathy, but price is a bit out of my range, and I suspect a lot of other peoples. But for a one off or celebration why not.
By the way I keep meaning to say your dogs look lovely.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah, 35 euros a head plus wine is not an everyday or even an every week price for us but thanks for the info.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Any idea how much the three course set menu (not the formule du midi) costs?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I think it was 22 Euros but will check with my friends. There were only the two set menus.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Kathy
What breed are your dogs. In some ways they look like Labs but sometimes the photo doesn't give enough detail to determine.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Giant Schnauzer. They are very gentle, intelligent and loyal. Not that I am biased mind!
Arthur and Lyn
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Arthur and Lyn »

Kathy
The thing about dogs is that there are really no bad ones, only bad owners. Around here in our(very) Catalan village they wonder free and leave their poops all over the place. I think we are the only ones who ever pick it up. Anyway, sorry I am hi jacking your thread, 22 euros sounds OK.
Arthur
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

yep - i think even we would run to 22.
ACJones
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ACJones »

We dined here in the summer too. Decided to take our daughter and her friend there on the last night as we previously had a wonderful meal under the old owners.

I have to say that we were very disappointed. Only time and hopefully the last, that I have had cold snails!! The garnish was like runny fat on a plate. The main course was better and the waitress was very pleasant. Didn't stay for puds as thought the quality had definately gone down and know there are better restaurants in the area.