Suggestions please.

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Suggestions please.

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

Four old biddies want to celebrate a birthday at a nice, quiet restaurant outside Perpignan (about 20 klm radius, easy parking - I'm the chauffeur). We're not particularly foodies nor are we Ladies-Who-Lunch, (although one of us - NOT ME - thinks she's a cut above, so no steck-frites/McDo/Routiers type of joint.) We're looking for a nice place, where we can tart ourselves up, put our feet under the table & be served by a handsome young waiter We don't want to spend a fortune, but we're not exactly paupers either.
Any suggestions anybody?
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We keep meaning to try Le Commerce in St. Laurent de la Salanque.
Service is meant to be very good - lots of white linen and good silverware too.
Indoors though.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Well everyone knows I rate Maison du Terrior in Maury, 1 michelin star, very classy place without feeling uncomfortable.

http://www.maison-du-terroir.com
Colin L

Re: Suggestions please.

Post by Colin L »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:from Helen
........& be served by a handsome young waiter
You remind me of a colleague who organised a lunch for the ladies on the staff. She cheerfully admitted that she chose the venue on one criterion alone - there was a French waiter there with a rather attractive bum.

We can recommend Le Yucca (Parc Ducup off Route de Prades just before the road off to Baho) for food and ambience although I could not possibly comment on the waiters.
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by John & Elaine »

This sounds like a visit to Table de Cuisine in St André to me - Restaurant La Table de Cuisine 8a Rue de Taxo, 66690 St André 0468 95 42 06. Be sure to book. And don't pinch the waiter's bum. She's over 40!!!
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

John & Elaine wrote:And don't pinch the waiter's bum. She's over 40!!!
Just the right age! But - I never ever did that in my life - I'm not Italian!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

What about Le Roi Toqué?

Nice and close(Elne),classy without the classy price tag,wide range of food,and as it's brand new everything is spick and span,and the waiting staff are eager to please.

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic6437.php
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Helen
This isn't too far from your area but the food is great at Mas Vermeille. I haven't checked the waiters though but the food is always great.

Put it on the list.

Certain for the fish, Chalut in Port Vendres is my best choice.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks, y'all. I might do a recce, but very many thanks for all the suggestions.
Blackduff - Mas Vermeille isn't far from where I live; Rob & I used to go on occasion. It's a beautiful place, shady garden and all, but I think it's closed down. These last few months, whenever I go past on my way to Carrefour, the place looks deserted, the grass is as high as an elephant's eye, no cars in the carpark, and the gates are closed. I wonder what happened, if they went bust or something..?
Helen
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:Thanks, y'all. I might do a recce, but very many thanks for all the suggestions.
Blackduff - Mas Vermeille isn't far from where I live; Rob & I used to go on occasion. It's a beautiful place, shady garden and all, but I think it's closed down. These last few months, whenever I go past on my way to Carrefour, the place looks deserted, the grass is as high as an elephant's eye, no cars in the carpark, and the gates are closed. I wonder what happened, if they went bust or something..?
Helen
I'll try to get an answer too. I've been there often but not recently. The management changed recently and maybe this is part of the place. The same owner had the restaurant downtown. I think it was Viennes (sp?) They closed their doors too. I'll have to keep looking for better restaurants.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

villa duflot, right near Auchan, fab www.villa-duflot.com

mwana
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks for this, mwana. We were invited there for a birthday lunch in the early summer. Although the setting is exquisite we were a wee bit disappointed in the food. If I'd had to fork out, I might have been just a spot disgruntled.
All the same, the garden and décor make it worth a visit.

Helen
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

true, sometimes the food can let the place down a little. I have another suggestion but I have to get the name from a friend

mwana
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Would also recommend the Roy Toqué (as above). Very clean and modern, food good (but not outstanding) but most important for elderly chappies and chapesses in this weather, it is air conditioned. Taking my Dad there this weekend just to get him cool!!
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

LE CHIRINGUITO Tél.: 33 (0)6 08 13 06 85 this is the restaurant I think we may go to on Mark's birthday, there isnt a website but i found this

http://www.la-vieille-demeure.com/chiringuito.htm

and this

Depuis des années, Serge et Odile font tout pour vous donner l’impression qu’ici on est ailleurs : leur cuisine du Monde en a les saveurs épicées, gingembre, safran, cumin s’exaltent dans des recettes typées de l’espadon sauce rougail citron aux gambas et seiches au curry, sans oublier les keftas marocaines à la viande. Les desserts sont dans la continuité aromatique, le fondant de poire sera relevé au poivre de Sichuan. Des petits coins paillote-sofas invitent à se délasser face à la mer.

recommended by our french child minder, she says its great, and you have to book, certainly seems interesting. Its Torreilles plage by the way.

Mwana
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

mwana wrote:LE CHIRINGUITO Tél.: 33 (0)6 08 13 06 85 this is the restaurant I think we may go to on Mark's birthday, there isnt a website but i found this

http://www.la-vieille-demeure.com/chiringuito.htm

and this

Depuis des années, Serge et Odile font tout pour vous donner l’impression qu’ici on est ailleurs : leur cuisine du Monde en a les saveurs épicées, gingembre, safran, cumin s’exaltent dans des recettes typées de l’espadon sauce rougail citron aux gambas et seiches au curry, sans oublier les keftas marocaines à la viande. Les desserts sont dans la continuité aromatique, le fondant de poire sera relevé au poivre de Sichuan. Des petits coins paillote-sofas invitent à se délasser face à la mer.

recommended by our french child minder, she says its great, and you have to book, certainly seems interesting. Its Torreilles plage by the way.

Mwana
you MUST let me know what it is like.
we really haven't ventured out as much as we should have this summer.
when's the birthday?
we are but a stone's throw away - you are welcome to drop by to have an aperitif on your way there if you like!!
or a digestif on your way back!!