Restaurant, Lycee Leon Blum, Perpignan

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Thurza_child
Rank 0
Rank 0

Restaurant, Lycee Leon Blum, Perpignan

Post by Thurza_child »

Following the article in PO Life, we went lunch there today and just wanted to warn people that the address given (Av de Villeneuve) is incorrect. Whilst it IS "opposite the Swimming pool in the Sports complex" as stated in the article it is actually through an entrance to the Lycee on Avenue Paul Alduy. As I had typed the road name into Michelin online, it took us a little while to find it (the students' own restaurant was close to the mark on Michelin and was a "faux friend")

Needless to say, I wouldn't be going to this trouble if it wasn't definitely worth a visit.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

As writer of the review,I can only go on addresses etc given to me in good faith by the proprietor. Sorry for any inconvenience.If it makes you feel any better,we too had the greatest difficulty in finding it the first time we visited!

It's certainly worth a go,esp in the evening.Your best bet is to use the swimming pool car park,and look across the road for the big red sign with "Leon Blum " on it.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

The name of the avenue was "Avenue de Villeneuve" (with reference to the "ville neuve du Moulin a Vent") and is still known to most people as such. It was changed to Avenue Paul alduy, the father of the present mayor and indeed the creator of Moulin à Vent. Things were hurried, as old M. Alduy's health was declining. As a matter of fact, he died fairly soon afterwards.
RF.