Can Coll, Sant Marti d'Empuries, Spain

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Can Coll, Sant Marti d'Empuries, Spain

Post by Sue »

I have recently eaten at this restaurant for the first time and found it to be outstanding. In fact, when I go back again I am going to have the starters as my main course as it was spicy mussels with chips, so filling. For 15€ its a 3 course menu with a glass of wine, water and bread.
They are closing for 2 weeks in the middle of November and re-opening at the beginning of December.
On leaving Figueres take the road towards L'Escala but keep your eyes open for the turning to Sant Marti.
I am not sure what their winter hours are but the phone number is (Spain code) 972 77 09 81
Dylan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Sant Marti is one of our favourite lunch spots. We've been going there for years.
I'm not sure about Can Coll. It used to be our favourite but the guy who ran it died in a boating accident. I was told he was a typical Catalan fisherman, couldn't swim.

These days we tend to go to the two restaurants on the top corners of the street. On does fabulous pizzas, the other does better seafood. But both are great.

Now that Sue has let the cat out of the bag, all the restaurants will be humming with expats trying to get a prime table.

:cry:
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

San marti

Post by Sue »

Hope not. Will have to give the other two a try although I am not a pizza fan.
Dylan
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

San Marti

Post by Rose »

We were eating in San Marti when Spain played the Netherlands in the World Cup this year. We were sitting next to a group of Dutch people we chatted to. There were TV screens all round the square and it was a marvellous evening.