Restaurant Mimo Damian - Girona

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Rivesaltes Johnny
Rank 2
Rank 2

Restaurant Mimo Damian - Girona

Post by Rivesaltes Johnny »

It has been awhile since I have posted anything on here so thought I would share this.

Damian Allsop a Brit who is regarded by many to be something of a Master Chocolatier moved back to the Catalan region about 18 months ago (he was formerly the pastry chef for Celler Can Roca) to relocate his chocolate business from Tunbridge Wells (where I knew him)

His chocolates are amazing as he makes his ganache with water instead of cream and butter. Thus a much cleaner flavour. He supplies some top Michelin starred restaurant in the UK as well as chocolates for the Roca brothers

He and his partner Anna are about to launch a new chocolate themed restaurant in Anna's Sister and Brother in Laws establishment Mimolette in central Girona (Just beside the big church)

It will officially open on the Wednesday 1st October - I will be flying down for the opening. I currently have a spare place booked and possibly could swing a couple more spaces if there are any interested parties wishing to be there for the opening night. (two friends from Barcelona already joining me) please message me for more details.

I know Damian and Anna well and am sure this will be a gem of a restaurant and well worth the trek from Perpignan. The menu will be innovative and reflect Damian's skill with chocolate and his passion for high quality cooking. His personal story against adversity is also something to be admired (He fell off the front of his apartment - 2 floors up and broke both his feet and spent 6 months in a wheelchair)

Check out their Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/restaurantmimodamian?fref=ts

www.damianallsop.com is the site for his chocolates
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Sounds delicious. Definitely worth a visit.