Espi Argeles

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Espi Argeles

Post by Smiley G »

Went to Espi in Argeles this morning with the intention of buying a Buche Noel having seen them advertised on the Home Page.

None available and very few cakes available, very disappointing I cannot believe they had so little on offer on 23rd December!!
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

bouche noel

Post by monsans »

Try bakery at roundabout at plage nord.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Espi has quite a few stores in the Perpignan region. Maybe you could give them a call and see if they have a bigger selection. The Argeles store is new and maybe they didn't have everything working. I think I saw one in Le Boulou.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Yes, there is one in Le Boulou, behind Intermarche near to the Wok.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

The Le Boulou one is fabulous - their buches are superb, pure choc....but the last time I was there was over a week ago so things could have changed. I know that Pascaline, the lady who has recently taken over Argeles and LB is struggling because she wont compromise on quality - maybe sometimes a bit of compromise is necessary to keep a shop running and profitable.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I drive past the Espi store in Argeles, looking to see if their Tea Shop is small/large or ???. I only saw a few tallish tables with stools which didn't look comfortable. BUT, the store has always been full of customers.

When I pass the store it's usually around 09:30 - 10:00 am it seems that the product may have gone before the lunch time. I guess that we should give the place another chance.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I passed this morning about 08:30 am. There was somebody inside but she was cleaning the room. There are chairs and tables for Tea, which is better than what I said.

I returned about 09:30 am and I pulled the car infront of the store. Somebody was at the Tea table but then three more customers went inside. All three of them found something interesting although I had to leave. I couldn't see what's inside of the counters but those ladies were interested.

Maybe it's best to go there earlier in the morning.

Blackduff