George and Dragon, Argeles

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

George and Dragon, Argeles

Post by Merisin »

Earlier this year I asked on here if this place was a sort of social centre for the local British ex-pat community. I didn't get much reaction by way of replies other than their address and phone number. Which I kind of knew anyway 'cos I was driving past them a couple of times a week.

Back then they never seemed to be open but then we were driving past either early in the morning or late afternoon. Anyway, yesterday, we were in Argeles and thought we'd look them up. No chance. The traffic was gridlocked and we couldn't get within a mile of them. Plus parking was a nightmare.

So here's my question. Are they still in business and, more to the point, are they any good?

Merisin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

I have no direct experience of eating there, but have been told they do a nice simple home made curry at a reasonable price. This is the George and Dragon, who are usually open as far as I know.

The place that never seemed to be open is KD Fish and Chips, who have now closed down for good due to personal problems.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

George and Dragon

Post by Rose »

The Cafe des Artistes in the centre of Laroque des Alberes is a good expat meeting cafe but there are French people and other nationalities there. It is a multi cultural meeting point.