Le Shanghai, Argeles

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Le Shanghai, Argeles

Post by sue and paul »

Anyone know if Le Shanghai is open every evening, and at what time please?
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I can now answer my own question. It's open 7/7, lunchtimes 12 - 2, and evenings from 7. Went this evening and enjoyed it very much. Bright new restaurant, nicely furnished, perhaps lacking window drapes for better ambiance. Food well presented, all-in buffet, 13€.50 at lunchtimes, 18€ evenings, drinks extra. Buzzing, even mid-week, out of season. Will definitely go again
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

SVP Sue
How good is the food there. Was there a good selection during the buffet?
Did it look fresh or become growing a beard?

Maybe not for everyone but how about the shellfish and/or fish dishes. Did they have any steamers (dim sum dumplings). They're difficult to find them fresh in a buffet.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I'm a big fan of the Espace down by the George & Dragon. I hope it doesn't affect them too much. I'd miss the Vietnamese soup. Lunch menu is 10 euro.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Mimmi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Le Shanghai

Post by Mimmi »

Where is this place, svp?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Near Picards and Gifi on the road leading to the village at the bottom of Intermarche car park.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Just an up-to-date about Shanghai's restaurant, I passed there today. The building adjacent is getting near completion but I couldn't find what type of place is going to open. BUT, the next building adjacent, it's almost ready for completion and the sign on the top-left was in Chinese letters.

I can almost say that this will not be another kebab shop. The place is about the size as Shanghai, so maybe there's going to have another choice of asian food on that street. Or, this would be a Asian Food shop but I find this being doubtful.

Watch that place!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

If you mean the largish black building Blackduff with the glass front I had thought it may be yet another bakers because inside there seem to be a lot of glass display cases which I thought may have been for cakes. Havent seen it with the lettering up.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I passed again this morning and you're right. This is another bakery. There will be cakes etc..

The big sign above the building isn't marked with Chinese characters. These are neon tubes which go horizontal and vertical and while driving past, it looked like letters. I guess when the sign iluminates I'll be determine what it's saying.

A store of Staples would be better than another bakery.

Blackduff
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Unless its one of the bakers already operating wanting a bigger shop with easy parking then I dont see how its going to pay. There was one in the small parade of shops between Gitem and the vets but it closed down after only 12 months or so.
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Went to St J P de C to get our sausages from Tim today. As he was coming earlier than normal we decided we would have lunch out. We ended up at The Shanghai in Argeles as its only 5 mins by car from home. Restaurant smart and very clean, staff friendly and the food was very good (not the choice you would get in UK). The food was fresh and was displayed in small amounts and was constantly being refilled. Could have been served a little hotter but suited hubby who prefers his food lukewarm. The caramelized pork and the spicy prawns were particularly good. Will definitely not want to eat for the rest of the day!
Dylan