Near authentic Indian food in Perpignan.

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

pbb
Rank 2
Rank 2

Near authentic Indian food in Perpignan.

Post by pbb »

We can highly recommend this little Indian 'Fast Food' Restaurant in Perpignan.

We have now been there twice and have been delighted with our meals. I chose Chicken Korma and Patrick had Chicken Dall (Dansak). The home- made Garlic Nan is delicious.

The service is friendly. The owners are Franco/Indian. Take away or eat in the restaurant. There are a few tables on the pavement as well.

Main dishes average are about 12 euros including rice.

Avenue de la gare (18 avenue du general DE GAULLE)
Tel: 0468348938

The restaurant is at the Station end of the avenue which starts opposite the FNAC. We parked down a side street.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Do you remember the name of the restaurant?
Dylan
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Indian Restaurant

Post by Daphne »

I think it's ' Indian Fast Food'. 18 Ave du Général de Gaulle. 04 68 34 89 38 or 06 49 62 62 63. Closed Sunday. It's very good indeed and you can tell them how hot or mild you like your curry. They did say that their English clients do like their curries hot!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks for that. Love a good Indian meal and had given up on finding anywhere over here that would produce a pathea (sp) madras or vindaloo to my hot taste!!
Dylan
jeannot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jeannot »

Le New Delhi. Rue de la Gare, on the left going towards the railway station.

Near authentic Indian food ? Despite all the kebab\fastfood outlets in the neighbourhood, in front of the restaraunt one senses a déjà vu experience,the odours of an Indian restaurant (in Britain), bliss.

Ate there this weekend for the first time, a 7 bowl thali(authentic) with naan bread and drinks for €16, good value.Despite those first odours definetly a little bland compared with in Britain.Spoke to the waitress (the boss) and she said you only have to ask, to spice it up. l will go again and try something else,everybody else in my party enjoyed the meal. Good service, TV in the restaurant annoying, good value for money, better than other French/Indian i have tried. Not easy to park close. Restaurant(small) full the night we went.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

What's the ambiance like? Is it stylish, fast-food like or a classic shabby curry house from the 1980s?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Santiago - where would they get the flock wallpaper from?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
PatrickF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PatrickF »

Would have to be from Flock House http://www.historic.org.nz/TheRegister/ ... x?RID=7576
Santiago may even have been there!
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

indian food

Post by CarolineN »

We eat here - in fact been there today - ask for it to be hot, and they oblige. Excellent value and always good food and good service. The green chilli paste which comes with the pickle selection is particularly punchy !!
Recommend it !
jeannot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jeannot »

What's the ambiance like? Is it stylish, fast-food like or a classic shabby curry house from the 1980s?

Probably a mix of the 3. Not stylish but comfortable. Not fast food,however a few people popped in for take aways. Not shabby either,but i didn't appreciate the 140cm flat screen TV hung on the wall even if the volume was to a minimum, i much prefer "authentic" Indian music in the background.

I will give it another bash because the food was good and try other dishes à la carte.