New Restaurant

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

New Restaurant

Post by Sue »

Does anyone know the name of the new restaurant on Rue Victor Hugo, Argeles (the church street where the market is held) ? Also any experience of easting there ie quality of food and value for money etc.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Malcolm liked this restaurant although I've never tried myself. Maybe Malcolm will pop up and give us the scoop.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

I can't remember the name, it was last September when I went. The food was of a very high standard. It's not a cheap place to eat but I felt I got value for money. Very friendly too. The only reason I haven't been back is the driving. I'm sure if I lived in Argeles I'd have been more often.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Maysy

Post by Maysy »

Hi, I know the restaurant in Argeles.
It is called BARTAVELLE and address is 24 Rue de la Republique - tel. no. 0430445056
It is not open on Monday but open every other day.
The food and service is excellent and really not too expensive.
Try it and you will be very pleasantly surprised, necessary to book ahead because they are busy.
:D
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks everyone and especially May.
Dylan
pbb
Rank 2
Rank 2

La Bartavelle

Post by pbb »

We have eaten several times at lunchtime at La Bartavelle There is a fixed price menu at 18.50 which includes a glass of wine or coffee. There is no choice but the menu changes daily. The English speaking 'front of house' will tell you the menu if you phone on the day. The food and service are excellent. Booking is advisable as it is a small restaurant.

www.restaurant-labartavelle.fr