Nice & inexpensive restaurants in the Amélie les Bains a

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Stephane Adam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nice & inexpensive restaurants in the Amélie les Bains a

Post by Stephane Adam »

Hi,

Further to my Scottish Cup Final thread, is anyone able to give any recommendations for good, but reasonably-priced, restaurants or bars serving food in Amélie / Palalda or in the surrounding area (e.g. Cerét, Arles-sur-Tech, anywhere within 30 minutes or so drive)?

Ideally, we're looking for somewhere serving nice, authentic, and traditional Catalán / French (or even Spanish, if it was good) food for under 50 euros for two (better still, under €40! :wink: ), including a small carafe of vin-de-pays.

We stayed in Amélie last September and found one place that was OK, but weren't too impressed with the others we tried... :( From what I remember of the menu in the café in Montbolo, it looked nice, but we never got around to eating there. Is it good?

Anywhere worthwhile in Palalda?

Thanks to all who have responded so far to my other thread, and if anyone has any good ideas or recommendations for this one, it'd be much appreciated! :)
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I can't think of anywhere that fits your bill in the area you want but then it's not an area I know that well. My restaurant agent sells my wine to a place in Amelie but I don't know the name. I think it is more tapas bar than restaurant.

You should look here http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/forum38.php if you haven't already.

There's a nice tapas bar in St Jean Pla des Corts called Can Vicens which I think is pretty reasonable for the quality. Last time I was there I met a woman who has a restaurant in Ceret called l'Imprevu on rue St Feriol. She said it was good

:D
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Stephane Adam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stephane Adam »

Santiago wrote:I can't think of anywhere that fits your bill in the area you want but then it's not an area I know that well. My restaurant agent sells my wine to a place in Amelie but I don't know the name. I think it is more tapas bar than restaurant.

You should look here http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/forum38.php if you haven't already.

There's a nice tapas bar in St Jean Pla des Corts called Can Vicens which I think is pretty reasonable for the quality. Last time I was there I met a woman who has a restaurant in Ceret called l'Imprevu on rue St Feriol. She said it was good

:D
Thanks for this: I'll take a look at that forum.

I'll also keep a look out for your wine when we're there! 8)
pjsing
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pjsing »

Hi,

If you are looking for cheap but good quality, the hotel opposite the Cafe de Paris in Amelie offers 3 course menus starting at 13.5 euros for 3 courses and their wine is good too. We sometimes eat there on our last night in our apartment or on our first night if we are late arriving.

The quality is good with plenty of choice even on the cheapest menu. I often have the paella as a main course and it is huge!!

There is no exterior seating but the service is very good - hope this helps a little

Julie
Stephane Adam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stephane Adam »

pjsing wrote:Hi,

If you are looking for cheap but good quality, the hotel opposite the Cafe de Paris in Amelie offers 3 course menus starting at 13.5 euros for 3 courses and their wine is good too. We sometimes eat there on our last night in our apartment or on our first night if we are late arriving.

The quality is good with plenty of choice even on the cheapest menu. I often have the paella as a main course and it is huge!!

There is no exterior seating but the service is very good - hope this helps a little

Julie
Thanks Julie.

Is that Hotel Restaurant Combes? If so, that was the only place we went to in Amélie that we would happily go back to. The food was good quality, the wine nice, and the service good and very friendly.
pjsing
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pjsing »

Hi, yes that's the one - was having a senior moment at the time of posting!!

There is a little restaurant just 2 doors away from where we are (when not in the UK working)! It always appears to be closed but really isn't!
He has excellent menus, his attentive service is superb. It is down Avenue General De Gaulle, next door to the Kebab shop.
Stephane Adam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stephane Adam »

pjsing wrote:Hi, yes that's the one - was having a senior moment at the time of posting!!

There is a little restaurant just 2 doors away from where we are (when not in the UK working)! It always appears to be closed but really isn't!
He has excellent menus, his attentive service is superb. It is down Avenue General De Gaulle, next door to the Kebab shop.
Thanks! We'll check this out when we're there next month.
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Hi,
We are very impressed by Caves de Mouragues in Arles sur Tech. Very extensive menu all year round, nice shady garden and friendly staff.
Nicki
Stephane Adam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stephane Adam »

nickiwynne wrote:Hi,
We are very impressed by Caves de Mouragues in Arles sur Tech. Very extensive menu all year round, nice shady garden and friendly staff.
Nicki
Thanks Nicki! I'll make a note of that one.