Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals ~ Lemonade

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals ~ Lemonade

Post by blackduff »

On the tv today, Jamie made a few items but I only saw the ending of the program. He was making some mushroom risotto, which did look very good. He had a quick item he made during the program. It was a nice pitcher of ice cubes. He put some mint leaves into the pitcher and he grated some ginger and put this into the pitcher. He might have squeezed a lemon juice onto the ice cubes too. Then he poured a bottle of sparkling water. My wife saw a can of something else into the pitcher at the same time as sparkling water.

(1) has seen this episode, and (2) did they remember what is needed to make great Lemonade.

I've been going through the Jamie's you tubes but no luck so far.

Help????

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

jamies 30 minute meals

Post by tubs »

I've got the book Blackduff but it's in France and I'm in UK!! If you don't get a satisfactory reply (and I'm sure you will) by 14th March I'll look it up when I get down there.
Failing that if I'm passing a WHS tomorrow I'll have a look for you.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

I have the book, will have a look for you.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Wow, it's sooo good asking the peeeps on the A-D and find the answer immediately. Thanks for the help.

The article from Helen is the exact information I wanted. I guess I remembered it correctly but I thought there was an item still needed.

Maybe I need to buy the book. I like Jamie's recipes and trying to remember it by memory isn't great.

Thanks again everyone.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

jamie

Post by CarolineN »

BBC food recipe web site great too
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I just called Amazon.fr and bought the book. I find I'll get my belly's enjoyment with this book.

I do visit the BBC4/food/jamieoliver's 30 minutes. I couldn't find this particular version but maybe I stopped too often and checked other recipes. I do like his style but I want to have a gardener who will keep the herbs and spices living. Having two labs and a cat are tough to grow herbs, etc.. I can grow bay leaves easily, since it's grown on a bigger bush.

I did like another recipe and maybe this will be my major task now. This was a risotto with mushrooms. Then this was topped with some other great mushrooms.

Jamie also made a nice recipe for Penne with a sausage ragu for the bolenaise (sp?). I will be buying the pork for the sausage next week. I haven't found any Italian sausages here in France but it's easy to make.

I am not cheating but I find that I can use "Freemake Video Converter" and pickup the youtube of Jamie's recipes converted into permanent videos you can read direct within your computer without on-line. Freemake is a great program and it's free. Check on CNET.

Again, thanks for the help with Jamie's good food.

Blackduff
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bon Appétit Image