Pierreanne restaurant

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pierreanne restaurant

Post by tubs »

We recently ate at the above restaurant in Villelongue del Monts and I can highly recommend it. We went for dinner and ate mainly from the specials board as the temptation of lamb shank was too much for me! The food is of extremely high quality and quantities was good too. We had a warm welcome from the patron and the young waitress was very attentive and friendly. We had 3 courses with an aperitif and small pichet of wine and the bill was €60. Very reasonable for the standard of food we thought. Oh yes, and the bread was delicious too. If you haven't been yet, give it a try.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Many of us agree Tubs, it's excellent!
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hamyat »

Does anyone know the current opening times for La Pieranne? We had a super lunch there on a Monday earlier in the year but found it closed on a Monday in August.
Many thanks
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

pierreanne restaurant

Post by tubs »

Sorry Hamyat, am back in Blighty for a while so can't help with the opening times. I seem to remember the owner saying that he closes one lunchtime in the summer, (possibly a Monday, I'm not sure) because lots of people are on the beach or doing other things.
Have you tried looking in the pages jaune for a telephone number?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

To book a table, or for any info.,their 'phone number is: 04 68 56 83 01

Hope this helps
Dylan
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

We ate there again last evening and I have to say that I believe it gets better every time !!!! Peter aand Anne are excellelent hosts and the Chef de Cuisine, Tilo, is very innovative and obliging! He wouldn't however, give me the delicious recipe for the grilled mussels - gorgeous!!!!

They are closed on Tuesdays!
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hamyat »

Thank you all for your help. We fly down early tomorrow for a short break and as usual food is the first priority!
pierranne
Rank 0
Rank 0

opening hours

Post by pierranne »

[quote="hamyat"]Thank you all for your help. We fly down early tomorrow for a short break and as usual food is the first priority![/quote
From October 3 to 11 we will be closed.
As from October 12 we will be open from Wednesday to Friday at lunchtime and in the evening, on Saterday evening and Sunday at noon. Hope to see you soon. Anne and Peter
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hamyat »

Thank you Anne and Peter for the information. I am down again in the beautiful PO on the 17th October and look forward to seeing you then.
Thanks
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We ate at the La Pierreanne lunchtime today and found it excellent. As it was hubbies special day we opted for the big blackboard rather than what was on the Plat du Jour board. Hubby had poultry terrine, with a lovely homemade chutney and salad, ragout of wild boar with red cabbage and mash followed by apple, nuts and dried fruit crumble. I had mussels gratin, red mullet, fennel, cherry tomatoes and mash in a vierge sauce followed by red berry crumble all washed down with a demi pichet of red. The cost 61.50€ Nearly everyone around us seemed to have gone for the plat du jour at 13.90€ a head. Most of those were eating the homemade burger and chips in enormous portions!
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
Your meal(s) sound very good. The price is about the range I like to pay.

I've eaten there only once but it was just inconvience to go more times. Peter and Anne both are very nice people and great for host & hostess (chef).

If I have any complaint with the meal, I was given a bit too much food. I even told this to Peter. But, all of the food was great.

I feel that for two adults in this area, they can eat quite well for the price range from 60~70€ with pitcher wine.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.