Credit card cloning .....

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

donaldjustine13 wrote:You might have given your credit card information into some people or website that are not secured. You must change your credit card information to stop it.
Done March 09 !

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

mpprh wrote:
donaldjustine13 wrote:You might have given your credit card information into some people or website that are not secured. You must change your credit card information to stop it.
Done March 09 !

Peter
and also done! (well and truly!) May 09
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

donaldjustine13 wrote:You might have given your credit card information into some people or website. You must change your credit card information to stop it. Go to your bank now so that everything will be fixed at once.
Just to point out that this guy is getting paid to post his signature link. He has searched on google to come up with something containing one of his list of keywords.

He thinks he is "earning money whilst surfing the web"

The company who pay him market themselves as web marketing gurus who can improve your Google positioning

The rest of us think that the pair of them are worse than the combined French and English soccer teams.

Some more of his spamming attempts : http://www.google.com/search?q=donaldjustine13

Peter
The Languedoc Page
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

erm...I'm a bit fick, see.

How does donald earn money?
What is the benefit to him of the posts he makes?
Have I risked anything by responding to this post?

Sue, not Paul!
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

sue and paul wrote:erm...I'm a bit fick, see.

How does donald earn money?
What is the benefit to him of the posts he makes?
Have I risked anything by responding to this post?

Sue, not Paul!
The marketing company pay him peanuts for each link he puts on the web linking to their clients website (which "fools" the search engine robot into thinking it must be an important website).

The clients pay the marketing company for improving their search engine position.

Everyone is happy except website owners who waste bandwidth and have to waste time eliminating the useless links and posters.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

mpprh wrote:
donaldjustine13 wrote:You might have given your credit card information into some people or website. You must change your credit card information to stop it. Go to your bank now so that everything will be fixed at once.
Just to point out that this guy is getting paid to post his signature link. He has searched on google to come up with something containing one of his list of keywords.

He thinks he is "earning money whilst surfing the web"

The company who pay him market themselves as web marketing gurus who can improve your Google positioning

The rest of us think that the pair of them are worse than the combined French and English soccer teams.

Some more of his spamming attempts : http://www.google.com/search?q=donaldjustine13

Peter
Am I missing something here? The guy has a website address on his posting and that links to a commercial service. How does that differ from www.the-languedoc-page.com - does that not offer commercial services.

Or is it the nature of the service you object to?

Or do you believe he is only posting in the hope someone will click on his link?
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Obviously Donaldjustine's posting is purely to make money from innocent people and they have only personal interests at their core. Peter's site does offer commercial links but openly and not by deception allowing the viewer to choose for themselves. He also spends a lot of time giving information and help so the rest of us can benefit. If by doing this he makes a buck or two then good luck to him.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Kathy wrote:Obviously Donaldjustine's posting is purely to make money from innocent people and they have only personal interests at their core. Peter's site does offer commercial links but openly and not by deception allowing the viewer to choose for themselves. He also spends a lot of time giving information and help so the rest of us can benefit. If by doing this he makes a buck or two then good luck to him.
I'n not in anyway taking sides here or criticising Peter's site but we seem to be making a sweeping conclusion about DonaldJustines motives with no evidence that I can see.

I own an Internet Systems company that hosts hundreds of web sites so I am not dumb in these matters. I haven't investigated the site in detail but the site that DonaldJustine points to IS a Marketing Company so his link isn't creating false figures for someone else, what the marketing company does may well be a different issue.

When Google was first developed their key differentiator was that they rated sites by the number of other sites that point to them. Nowadays their algorythm is way more sophisticated and they are not fooled by primitive attempts to increase a site's ratings.

Unless Peter knows something others of us don't then perhaps we should give DonaldJustine the benefit of the doubt.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Just to make the point a bit further, the Google search gives 97 results for DonaldJustine13 and 24,300 for MPPRH.

Even our own Collioure Bee gets over 2,000

So I am still at a loss at what DonalJustine is supposedly doing wrong
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Have to say that I cant see it either Allan.... but I have just had a very long apero hour so could easily be missing something!!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Have I had any hits.. :roll: am I important enough.. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:Have I had any hits.. :roll: am I important enough.. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Of course you are important enough.

A record breaking 24,500 matches for 'Marguerite & Steve' - a large number of which are you
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Have you looked at these hits of donaldjustine13? They seem to consist of 1 post only regarding credit cards and are to be found on numerous forums. I find that odd.
If I am wrong about their motives then obviously I will apologise.
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

Allan wrote:
Unless Peter knows something others of us don't then perhaps we should give DonaldJustine the benefit of the doubt.
Well, I refused his registration with myself because of his track record.

Typically, he registers on websites. Some time later he answers an old topic. He posts once, and only once, with a pretty obvious (sometimes downright stupid) statement, and includes a link to one of the sites he is being paid to link to. Sometimes he returns to add the link to his profile.

Google has identified him registering with 103 websites in the last few days. Yesterday it was only 73. He has not posted yet on most of them. Those where he has posted indicate that his current keywords are "credit card".

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigr ... 360.0.html
Allan - you may give him the benefit of the doubt, but I haven't.

Moderators will doubtless check his IP number if they are worried.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Kathy wrote:Have you looked at these hits of donaldjustine13? They seem to consist of 1 post only regarding credit cards and are to be found on numerous forums. I find that odd.
If I am wrong about their motives then obviously I will apologise.
Fair enough, I've just looked at all his posts and yes, they look weird in the extreme. Never heard of a credit card fetish but who knows?
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Allan wrote:
Marguerite & Steve wrote:Have I had any hits.. :roll: am I important enough.. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Of course you are important enough.

A record breaking 24,500 matches for 'Marguerite & Steve' - a large number of which are you

wayhay.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

What about me?
Please say I'm just a teeny bit important too.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

polremy wrote:What about me?
Please say I'm just a teeny bit important too.
More than a teeny bit. 'Polremy' scores 18,400 with at least 3110 almost definitely you. Put a space in the middle and 'Pol Remy' scores 398,000.

Not everyone has had a drink named after then :o
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

Stand by for spam from rynmackz ( http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/prof ... ile&u=1137 ) who appears to have signed up for the same deal.

He has been busy registering on as many forums as possible, including here.

He is now adding the links.

This one is for the seo Co - http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17358

This one is for a satellite internet Co - http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/ ... php?t=6944

Google finds him 400+ times (28 in the past 24 hrs) and many of his (single !) forum posts have already been deleted by forum moderators, but are still in the google cache.

Would be interesting to compare his IP address with his mates ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

Another one registering today : philoven

Peter
The Languedoc Page
Maykel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Credit card cloning .....

Post by Maykel »

Many people who scams and clones Credit cards has gadget that can read and copy the information stored in a credit card. Much of the times we don't know that our Credit Card has been cloned not after we have received the Credit card billing statement. I can advice that be aware to where your Credit Card is being swiped or used, if the company or site is trustworthy or not.
Michael N. Ubibi