Insurance for ski-ing

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Insurance for ski-ing

Post by Rose »

Does anyone know if you can buy this in Les Angles, for just the days you are ski-ing?
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Yes, you can buy it with your lift pass. Costs a few euros a day.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Many thanks for quick reply.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I think that the insurance only covers bringing you back down to a hospital.

Blackduff
Last edited by blackduff on Mon 15 Dec 2008 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

As far as I know, French resort ski insurance is set up on the basis of paying for your delivery to hospital - no matter what condition you are in - at which point you are " in the system" as a patient and your entitlement to treatment plus whatever normal health insurance you have for the bit not paid for take over. So that's fine if you are resident in France and have covered yourself against the amount liable to you personally for treatment.

If my recollection is correct, any non-resident skier like me could hit an expensive problem if only covered by the resort insurance. My recovery off the mountain would be covered; my entitlement under my EU Healthcard would be covered in that way; but the remainder of the hospital costs (is it about 20%?) would be down to me and on discharge I would have to get myself back to the UK. That could be a considerable sum. For the UK resident skiing in France, it is essential to have travel insurance which includes the proportion of the cost of treatment that the patient is liable for as well as repatriation costs etc.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Colin
I edited my post since it was mis-leading. Your last post gave this information, whereas mine was too much information.

Blackduff