Adhesion au Telereglement

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Adhesion au Telereglement

Post by Helen »

I've just paid my tax fonciere online for the first time - at least I think I have.

But I've got bit confused by the 'adhesion au telereglement' which I opted to receive by email.

In my lack-of-fluent french naivety I thought it meant something like 'proof of payment' but now have a feeling that it is in effect an open ticket for the Tresor Public to take any payments they are feel are due from my bank account. Seems I need to complete it and send it off to to the bank tho before it becomes binding.

So the question is: is this 'adhesion' a next-step/optional thing or is it inextricably linked to the online payment of the taxe fonciere I've just made and means that the taxe fonciere won't be paid until I send the 'adhesion' to the bank?

If the latter, it does rather defeat the object of paying online - I might just as well have put a cheque in the post !
Tiffany
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tiffany »

Hi Helen,

The thing you had to print out and sign and send back is effectively a direct debit permission allowing the tax office to take the money when you authorise it. You do it just once and then each time you pay your taxe fonciere, they just take the money. I do mine like this, and have never had any problem. Hope this helps.