French tax return online?

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

French tax return online?

Post by rbg »

Hi

Does anyone know if it possible to do your french tax return online IN ENGLISH?
I know lots of people who just have a small rental income and need to declare it .. it seems crazy to employ a professional for a two line return?

Thanks!
Daisy
Rank 0
Rank 0

French Tax return online

Post by Daisy »

If you have never paid tax in France before, you are not registered and you cannot use the on-line service. (I also doubt that an English version exists.)
I would suggest (even if you are already registered) to visit your local tax office (impots), make an appointment and take all your bits and pieces with you and ask for help with the form. If you speak French, so much the better !! Imagine arriving at a UK tax office speaking AND wanting to make your declaration in French ....
Good luck.
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Ok, I'm talking about people living in Ireland/uk with no french who have a small rental income from french property which they have to declare - is there any easy way to do that online?
Merci!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

You cannot do your first declaration on line as you need a reference number . After you have completed the first one then the year after you will be able to go online.

It may be worth popping along to the tax office in Perpignan and see if there is help available as I am sure there are others who rent out property and need help.

EDIT
well isn`t that funny, the newest member has just joined called helpinfrance, scroll to the bottom of the page and their website is on their profile.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

That's fairly near Opas, :D

But Karen's Company is Actually Bids in France, and the French Tour Co both are operated by one Very, Very, Very Tall Leprechauns and the other Suzanne is just a tall Leprechaun.

Happy St Georges Day

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Michael
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

The Inland Revenue has a large register of translators to call upon and will try to find one for almost any tax payer. The service is free.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Even ones who live in the Republic??

:lol: :lol:
Michael
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Which republic?
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Eire
Michael
Angie and Clint
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Angie and Clint »

We have not yet moved to PO but are buying. Do we pay tax on the profit from the sale of our house?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

If you sell your "résidence principale" (permanent place of abode) located in France (i.e. you are a French resident living permanently in your own owned house in another part of France than the PO) and you sell that house and buy another in the PO to live in as your place of permanent abode, i.e. transfer your résidence principale from one part of France to another, there is no capital gains tax - no matter how much profit you may make on the sale. I know because we just did it and went through all of that.

Any other situation than the above? Sorry, you'll have to ask the other expert members...
groslard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by groslard »

If you are not resident in France, but just have a holiday home here which you have had for less than 15 years you pay value added tax on a sliding scale.
For a rough 'ready reckoner' see:
http://www.anil.org/guide/calculs/plusv ... uvalue.htm