Perpignan CPAM

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Perpignan CPAM

Post by carol sheridan »

Last Friday I went to see the person from CPAM at Perpignan who visits St. Cyprien Plage on the first and third Friday of each month. I took absolutely everything with me. The woman looked through my documents, asked me to sign the yellow form S1103b and ASSURED ,me that she now had everything needed to issue me with a new carte vitale. I had already had three separate letters asking me for different documents.
Today I got the form back asking me to fill in the name of my pension providers in the box provided. They have my E121, long birth certificate, tax declarations for the past six years........if they need to know who provides my pensions, why the heck could she not have told me as I had all my P60's with me at the time.
Do they do it deliberately to annoy us or are they just stupid/inefficient?
Now I will have to queue up again next Friday. In the meantime, I have had to pay in full for my medication and get a feuille, even though I showed the pharmacie my attestation and E121. My carte vitale from Lot had been marked invalid so I had given it to the woman from Perpignan CPAM.
I don't complain about much in France but this kerfuffle is so unecessary as I am clearly entitled to my affiliation.
groslard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Perpignan CPAM

Post by groslard »

carol sheridan wrote: Do they do it deliberately to annoy us or are they just stupid/inefficient?
You have my sympathy.
I sometimes darkly wonder if it is to create work to justify their jobs, but the simplest explanation is that there is often no such thing as a centrally standardised set of requirements.
Despite the structure of Administration in France it seems that each Caisse acts pretty much independently.

I have three different (and tiny!) pensions in France.
Each had it's own set of requirements, and I have just obtained the third one over 18 month safter first applying.
The 'pièce manquante' is of course a classic: I try to obtain a recipissé with the name of the person I have seen, the date, time and signature, with a mention to the effect that the dossier is complete, and that there is no reason for it not to be dealt with immediately.
This is not popular with the mind-set of the fonctionnaires, and they managed to get round it in the last of my pensions by sending a chaming letter apologising for the fact that they had lost the WHOLE dossier between offices, and asking me to send photocopies of everything again, a not inconsiderable task as it included all the documents I send to replace a livre de famille, as well as several years wage slips: and that was just for starters.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Yes, Carol, you are absolutely right. They are stupid and inefficient and they do it deliberately to annoy you. That's what they're paid for.
RF.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:Yes, Carol, you are absolutely right. They are stupid and inefficient and they do it deliberately to annoy you. That's what they're paid for.RF.
And they're good at their job.

Blackduff
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Each time I went to CPAM to be told they had everything they neeeded I got a letter a few days later asking for a copy doc they already had. after about the third visit I drafted a letter which was a receipt from them contaning a list of all the docs tghey had asked for over various visits ,others I thought may apply and confirmnig they had all these docs from and not others were required. I insisted that this was signed and stamped and returned to me will I waited. The guy dealing with me was not very keen to sign but I was very insistant and said I would stay till either he or his superior would sign. He eventually signed and I gave him a copy. About a week later I received the letter to send photo etc so Carte Vitale could be prepared. No further probs
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Isn't this exactly one of those things (which probably contributes in large part - seeing the percentage French population of functionaires to his recent drop in popularity) which Sarko has pledged to reform??

For example, when is the ANPE and ASSEDIC "merger" planned to be completed?? The ANPE http://www.anpe.fr/ (French for JOBFINDER - i.e. the official employment office equivalent to http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... /index.htm ) must be one of the most useless state organisations in existence!!!
groslard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by groslard »

Nigel wrote: after about the third visit I drafted a letter which was a receipt from them contaning a list of all the docs tghey had asked for over various visits ,others I thought may apply and confirmnig they had all these docs from and not others were required. I insisted that this was signed and stamped and returned to me will I waited. The guy dealing with me was not very keen to sign
This is what I said (without the typos.)
But then they lost the whole dossier.
Moira
Rank 0
Rank 0

New health rules for replacing carte vitale & european a

Post by Moira »

Hi....have been unwell and braved uk without euro assurance...now have had feuille returned with multiple choice reasons why.. none of which apply..think I have to renew carte vitale....Can not find the CPAM english
speaking helpline number though I'm sure its on the site...any advice on what I actually should take to Perps welcome although I expect it changes with each official...will I now automatically get the Euro assurance card or will that be when carte vitale is sorted.. is it possible to make an appointment to see an English speaker at Perps?...I so love living here...its the admin that will break my spirit in the end!!!!Any help most welcome...
Moira X
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Moira, after six years resident in France I can honestly say that apart from this latest CPAM fiasco, and a little trouble getting my internet phone up and running, I have not experienced any major problems. Hang on in there, girl, and you will sort it all out. You will always find a sympathetic hearing on this forum, plus a lot of sound advice.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Moira I have sent you a PM
Michael