Sterling to Euros

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Sterling to Euros

Post by martyn94 »

I just got an email shot from Transferwise saying that they have dropped their commission to 0.35% (minimum £0.80) from the previous 0.5% (minimum £2). I don’t know whether they are absolutely the cheapest, but I suspect that it’s not worth spending a lot of time searching.

As I always say, I have no financial interest in their success or failure, beyond the hope that they don’t go bust in the middle of one of my transactions.
Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Richard and Sharon »

That sounds a reasonable deal.
I use a couple of exchange companies, one being FC Exchange. They have been very competitive, but recently I noticed that their rate was slightly worse than my partner got the from another company earlier in the day, so told them that. (all deals are done on the phone with better rates for larger amounts) Surprisingly, they did me a better deal on the spot!
A reminder to me that, if its just about price, you have to keep shopping around and, that you can nearly always haggle, even if its just for the fun of it.
I will also compare Transferwise against my usual suspects next time. Thanks.
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

I always use Transferwise, having found that they offer better rates than anyone else even with their current charges.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »