Bank account frozen

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bank account frozen

Post by Anniseed »

After being a customer of Advice France english speaking accountants for 4 years I am amazed, very disappointed and very cross that with my relatively simple Tax return( double Taxation treaty) they have left me in the lurch with my 2014 hugely incorrect tax bill. Their incompetence and inability to communicate has resulted in my bank account being frozen!. Despite my e mails and my numerous phone calls , they told me it would be sorted out . They have not even responded to my mail with the copy of notification that my bank ac is frozen. They are sacked!
I have found another accountant through another forum directory who has been just fantastic in helping and we are starting to unravel the mess . Has anyone else had a problem with them? I was previously warned they often didn't reply and didn't do what they said they were going to do, but hadn't experienced this problem until now.... Anxiety levels have been through the roof!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

What a nightmare. Glad it's getting sorted. If you need anyone else, can absolutely recommend Patrice Perrin in Mas Guerido. Straight shooter, no bullsh-t, gets the job done. I'm sure there are some very good English accountants in France, but no one really understands the overloaded paper system like the French.
Bon courage.
Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Anniseed »

Thank you, the accountant is french! I have been so shocked that she has been so incompetent to allow a relatively simple return get to this stage. despite repeated e mails and phone calls. Just not on !
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Anniseed wrote:Thank you, the accountant is french!
Well that explains it. You can hardly expect a reaction unless you communicate en recommandée avec accusée de réception. Anything else is junk mail.

I apologise for making a cheap crack on the back of your strife. But seriously, anyone can call themselves an accountant: your person doesn't seem to claim any strictly professional qualifications or affiliations. It's always worth checking. Silence on some matters speaks louder than words.
Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Anniseed »

Sadly the accountant is accredited, registered and established! I have been a customer for the past 4 years . After our initial face to face meeting , she operates all business by e mail, therefore sending letters has not been needed. Previously they have always responded to e mails and phone calls in a timely way , which is why this experience has been surprising an very disappointing to say the least. :twisted: