La Banque Postale

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

La Banque Postale

Post by Davidsimon »

Have they recently changed their rules? I lived in France in the early 90s and when leaving withdrew all the money from the account save a few francs,if I changed address in Spain,when I was on holiday in Angouleme I'd pop into a post office to give my new address and the next years statement would drop in the post with no problems.Now that I've come here to house sit for friends I popped into Argeles today to change my address again,only to be told I need to furnish various utility bills older than 3 months,or because I am herberge gratuit
a copy of the house owners ID and copies of his utility bills.Which is going to be difficult as he lives in the US.Just hope they aren't going to freeze my substantial 8 euro deposit.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Just an update 8) they could be playing trip up the foreigner or are just truly inept.I tried again when different staff were there,and got a different answer.A letter from the home owner explaining my position would be sufficient with one original of only one of his bills.I went back a week or so later to be greeted by a mixture of 1st and 2nd visit staff,who promptly told me the bill was fine but the letter was not, as they have a ready printed Attestation d'Hebergement which I needed to have completed.....and I surmise they had it all along.Back the week later they accepted the paperwork,and when I asked about the carte de retraite (it seems there is no form for that :wink: or is there?) I had to write a request,while holding up the growing queue.On finishing I was told to expect around a 14 day wait for the card and a new updated statement showing my new address..........now nearly a month later I'm wondering which bin they put that letter in? :roll: