Property Insurance

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Property Insurance

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hello,

If anyone is UK based and has a holiday property in 66 and use a UK based Insurance firm can they please recommend.

It appears there are not that many and they tend to be quite expensive and seem to increase premiums year on year when no claims have been made.

This only applies to UK based Insurance companies as I prefer to deal with a UK company under UK law etc and policies that I can fully understand as my French is certainly not good enough to deal with French legal jargon.

Thanks
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Have you tried Credit Agricole Britline?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

There are several insurers advertising on this site. We use Axa Collioure for travel insurance and have had excellent service. Never realised they spoke English! if you ever need to make a claim surely you will need insurance cover from a French insurer?

Mary
sandra06
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sandra06 »

We use Intasure.
Pichicuy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pichicuy »

I can highly recommend Thierry Lefevre at Axa in Ille sur Tet. Someone recommended him to me about six months ago and I have found him efficient and very good to deal with. He also managed to save a client over 150 euros on house insurance.
Karen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Karen »

Thierry Lefevre speaks good English too.
We too have recommend him, to others and they have always had lower quotes than previous policies.

Karen
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I insured with AXA for many years in Normandy. Apart from being staggeringly expensive, they were very mean and slow on the single occasion I made a claim. You would do better to use eg http://www.assurland.com and find the cheapest: it will usually be thttp://www.amaguiz.com .The savings in my case are staggering, and their service is apparently perfectly OK (they are the subsidiary of a big mutuelle).