URSSAF

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

frank_penny
Rank 1
Rank 1

URSSAF

Post by frank_penny »

I have seen posts from 2009 regarding ending URSSAF contributions when the magic age of 65 comes around, but I wonder if anyone has later info? One of the earlier posts suggests it is best to stop the prélevements by contacting your bank, though this sounds rather aggressive.

I am 65 in August 2012 and would like to ensure that I finish paying as soon thereafter as possible!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Frank
It may be just that you can take your pension from 65. I was talking to my wife about this too and I think you could continue hoping that your final pension will be bigger/better.

What I'm saying is just a WAG (wild arse guess). Hopefully somebody knows really and posts later.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
frank_penny
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by frank_penny »

blackduff wrote:Frank
It may be just that you can take your pension from 65. I was talking to my wife about this too and I think you could continue hoping that your final pension will be bigger/better.

Blackduff
Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.

I have never worked in France, but have lived here and paid taxes since 2000. My state pension will come from the UK, and it will be paid when I am 65; at that age I understand the UK takes over responsibility for health costs, etc, and I can stop paying the quarterly URSSAF charges.

My question was - what do I need to do to ensure the URSSAF stop taking these charges from my bank from the relevant date?

Frank
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

It might be worth checking with the "Totalization Agreements" between the UK and France. It might get a better idea of how to stop payments.

There's a group IRCEC has handled the money for pensions and now it's a new name of this group CRIC. My wife's payments are going through CRIC now (she's in URSSAF).

Possibly these groups could open your questions.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.