100 French franc note

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

100 French franc note

Post by sue and paul »

I have found a 100 French franc note while having a clear-out. Is it still possible to exchange it? I remember reading something on here about cut-off dates, but can't find it now.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I too remember reading the article, only about a month ago I think!

If you are going into Perpignan, go to the Banque de France , that is where we had to go when there was the 'cut off' date, which now seems to have been waivered.

Or you could always hold onto it, rumour has it the Euro is to be abolished :wink:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks. I had thought that's where I must go, and also for another reason. Strangely I got a 20 euro note, or rather two thirds of one, in a small 'pay-out' from a cash-machine a few months ago. The bank, whose machine it is, denies responsibility, and won't exchange it, nor will my own bank. They say I must go to the Banque de France. So with 2 reasons to go, I'll find out where it is and get the cash. Might keep the 100 Fr note. We'll see.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

merci