EDF monthly payments

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

EDF monthly payments

Post by Sue »

We used to pay our EDF electricity bills as and when they came in but took up monthly direct debit payments when they were offered to us. This came into affect from the beginning of this year since which time we have had no bill and there is none posted online. We have no idea if we are in credit or whether we will owe money at the end of the year. Furthermore we have no bill to give as proof of residence when required. Does anyone else have a similar problem.
I know the english speaking phone number has been posted before but could someone post it again. Thanks.
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
I don't have an English phone but I can tell you about my situation. I/we have both the home electricty and the apartment. Both run the same way. This has happened for donkey's years too. Here's how it goes.

Based on last year's consumption, they calculate how much I will spend per year. Then they take an amount of 1/12th for the next ten months. Before the eleventh month they send a statement how much they've taken and how much left to pay. Often, where we've reduced on the apartment, they owe us some money and our account is credited. Then this is adjusted for the next year's deductions.

I haven't found any on-line site to find this info but so far it works okay. There is a statement around this time of the year, telling us how much we're going to pay.

I don't know we started this system but it's be a ways back. And, it works okay.

Hope this helps,

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Sue
My post isn't too clear but it's all deducted from my bank account.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I'm not sure if this will work for the contract you have but I'm able to review my factures online and I also get notification every 3 months. Have a look at the EDF website.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Blackduff. I do understand what you mean and I am happy that I will get a statement soon. This is our only proof of residency so things could be difficult in the future if we cant show an up to date bill. There is an EDF.fr website which shows each monthly payment and all old bills.
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Have done that in the past Santiago but no factures are produced when you pay monthly.
Dylan
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Before I got my first bill, I was able to use my contract with EDF as proof of residency.
MY monthly payment has been based on the previous owners' usage, but they used the flat as a holiday home. However, I have spent about four months of my first year here in New Zealand, Switzeland, England and Egypt, so I don't expect to owe them very much. I was told my meter would be read and I would receive a statement for the year some time this month.
My meter is very easy to read and I keep an eye on my consumption,but as I have no washing machine or dish washer and hardly ever need my little radiators I think my annual bill is less than €400.
As I don't use any power overnight, I am wondering if I would be better off giving up the two-part tariff which I took over when I bought the flat.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

EDF

Post by tubs »

This is the English speaking number I have for EDF
0562164908. Haven't used it for a while so not sure if it's still valid but worth a try to speak to a human! Good luck.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks everyone for your help.
Dylan